PDA

View Full Version : benefit of Ranger Plate over original Mag-Pul?

BH1
04-26-08, 09:51
I can see the advantages they offer that are similar as compared to not using either. From pics posted there seems to be a preference for the ranger plates. What benefit do they provide over the original Mag-Puls?

Thanks.

C4IGrant
04-26-08, 10:28
I can see the advantages they offer that are similar as compared to not using either. From pics posted there seems to be a preference for the ranger plates. What benefit do they provide over the original Mag-Puls?

Thanks.

The regual pulls become flat over time. The Ranger plates do not.

The ranger plates also give you a little extra elevation in the prone position and absord shock if dropped on the end.

C4

BH1
04-26-08, 11:28
The regual pulls become flat over time. The Ranger plates do not.

The ranger plates also give you a little extra elevation in the prone position and absord shock if dropped on the end.

C4

Thanks for the quick and clear explanation C4. Am I correct that there are different ranger plates for P-mags and aluminum mags? Will original mag-puls fit both?

C4IGrant
04-26-08, 13:00
Thanks for the quick and clear explanation C4. Am I correct that there are different ranger plates for P-mags and aluminum mags? Will original mag-puls fit both?

You are welcome Sir. The RP's for the Alum. mags are different than the ones for the PMAG's.

The 556 pulls will work with either mag.

C4

NCPatrolAR
04-26-08, 13:04
You also see a mag thickness increase if using the original Magpul versus the Ranger plate.