PDA

View Full Version : Higher learning liberal logic

jklaughrey
09-25-13, 13:48
So I am taking a couple classes at the local community college and this is shown on first day to all classes. Needless to say I got up and walked out. When I was questioned why. I stated I don't subscribe to stupidity.

Run, hide, fight.
Survive an active shooter situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VcSwejU2D0

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

randolph
09-25-13, 13:52
I remember when they shot that here in houston.
it provoked a bit of discussion to say the least...

jklaughrey
09-25-13, 13:55
I guess at the end on the whiteboard someone noticed the writing was in Arabic and Chinese.

Chameleox
09-25-13, 14:58
I have to be honest.
That was actually one of the better jobs I've seen on active shooter training for office spaces and gun-free environments.

Having put together a training scenario for a large local business (which was filmed so it could be replayed for other audiences), I can tell you that the prevailing ideal response from people on this forum won't fly for many of the institutions that use such videos.

What would you have wanted to see?

kwelz
09-25-13, 15:22
Ok I watched it. It had the normal quality you would expect from a PSA. but honestly I didn't see any bad advice or "Liberal logic" in there. Get out of a situation if you can, Avoid the shooter if possible, and attack if you need to. Sounds like the exact advice I would give someone in a similar situation.

Honu
09-25-13, 15:34
I guess at the end on the whiteboard someone noticed the writing was in Arabic and Chinese.

kinda wondered what was up with that also ?

a1fabweld
09-25-13, 16:40
Lesson learned: If some broad is screaming her head off, knock her out as to not attract attention. She'll thank you when she wakes up.

jklaughrey
09-25-13, 18:21
My biggest issue is the agenda as a whole. The faculty really, really pushed the whole guns are evil shit before showing the video. Then the fact that, let's be honest. That guy in the video...the BG probably looks like a good portion of us here. So it really becomes an issue with me after an early morning range session then right to a class and "I am that guy" in the minds of the sheep. I'm one of the good guys and I'm still looked at with disdain. I live a very gun friendly, outdoorsman paradise. But take one foot into a college campus here and I feel like I'm back in ****ing California, with all the anti propaganda and Obama supporters.

Yeah sure, video was well made but made for wrong reason. To them it's not about safety. It's about indoctrination and taking away our rights as usual.

jmoore
09-25-13, 18:49
My biggest issue is the agenda as a whole. The faculty really, really pushed the whole guns are evil shit before showing the video.

Varies from college to college. At my Illinois community college - (ccw on the way) - a significant portion of us would LOVE to carry - but college policy says no. All academics are NOT liberals! As I've mentioned before - some have described me as "leaning somewhat to the right .............. of Rush Limbaugh":). And - I didn't think the video was that bad, btw.
john

Alaskapopo
09-25-13, 22:23
Varies from college to college. At my Illinois community college - (ccw on the way) - a significant portion of us would LOVE to carry - but college policy says no. All academics are NOT liberals! As I've mentioned before - some have described me as "leaning somewhat to the right .............. of Rush Limbaugh":). And - I didn't think the video was that bad, btw.
john

And not all liberals are anti gun. People like to compartmentalize a bit too much these days.

Koshinn
09-25-13, 22:29
And not all liberals are anti gun. People like to compartmentalize a bit too much these days.

Yep.

Not all liberals lack common sense, just like how not all conservatives are religious fanatics stuck in the dark ages.

Stop the senseless lib vs con stereotyping and discuss the issues themselves. Doing otherwise just makes you look as stupid as the people you're ridiculing, or at almost as stupid.

polymorpheous
09-26-13, 00:00

Did you change your sigline about Libertarians after posting this comment?

Alaskapopo
09-26-13, 01:50
Yep.

Not all liberals lack common sense, just like how not all conservatives are religious fanatics stuck in the dark ages.

Stop the senseless lib vs con stereotyping and discuss the issues themselves. Doing otherwise just makes you look as stupid as the people you're ridiculing, or at almost as stupid.

Yep good and bad people on all political sides. Most of my friends are conservative but I have some liberal ones as well.
Pat

jklaughrey
09-26-13, 04:17
john

Agreed. There are a few tenured professors here that actually think. But it seems all the lefties who tow the party line use the college as their private island in a sea of red to contaminate those of us who think for ourselves.

The college allows sworn officers to be armed on campus, but I can't say they endorse it. I don't skyline myself, but going to a CC were a good portion of your so called "students" are also felons or repeat calls of service for DV and various other drug and code infractions, makes it hard to keep a low profile. They know who I am and what I do and my status is no less than a pariah. Even the faculty smugly address me or flat out ignore me. So am I pissed, hell yes.

feedramp
09-26-13, 10:58
I have to be honest.
That was actually one of the better jobs I've seen on active shooter training for office spaces and gun-free environments.

Having put together a training scenario for a large local business (which was filmed so it could be replayed for other audiences), I can tell you that the prevailing ideal response from people on this forum won't fly for many of the institutions that use such videos.

What would you have wanted to see?
Yeah, seems like an over-reaction. That video is much better than the one "HR" mass-emailed around the company I work for.

3 AE
09-26-13, 11:08
Was that Paul Howe in the role of the shooter? Had that cold, steely eyed look from behind those shades!

jaydoc1
09-26-13, 17:10
Under "Fight"-
-----Improvise Weapons.

Shame you can't have a REAL weapon on you.