PDA

View Full Version : Armed Robber at McDonald's With Gun That Malfunctions

CLHC
09-27-13, 09:51
Just read/saw this.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/09/27/mcdonalds-gun-malfunction-berman-newday.cnn.html

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Gun-Malfunctions-After-Trigger-Pulled-at-McDonalds-Police--225390812.html

yellowfin
09-27-13, 09:56
Robble robble! Seems like divine intervention, someone had been praying right that day.

_Stormin_
09-27-13, 10:00
That's one of those "wow" moments. Tried to shoot, gun malfunctions, went outside and gun fired, walked back inside to start shooting, gun malfunctions a second time. Everyone in there collectively exhausted a lifetime supply of luck/karma/divine intervention/etc...

From the article about the man hearing voices;

People are going to think I'm crazy but whatever...

Think?!?!? Pretty sure people will be downright convinced.

brickboy240
09-27-13, 10:10
Was it a recently made Glock 9mm?

Oh wait....he did not get brass to the face when he went outside so maybe not.

LOL

Mak8080
09-27-13, 10:17
Just saw this on the news. That's truly is amazing. I'm not a religious man, but there's got to be someone looking over those people.

3 AE
09-27-13, 11:20
Maybe a LE member of the forum can shed some light on a question I have. Only going by the video and accompanying article. He's charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, but what or who did he rob? Wouldn't five counts of attempted murder be more fitting? :confused:

Grand58742
09-27-13, 14:22
Maybe a LE member of the forum can shed some light on a question I have. Only going by the video and accompanying article. He's charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, but what or who did he rob? Wouldn't five counts of attempted murder be more fitting? :confused:

Charges can always be upgraded and added by the DA depending on the outcome of the investigation. I know sometimes they will put down the first thing they know will stick (such the aggravated robbery) and let the lawyers do their thing on the back side.

Moose-Knuckle
09-27-13, 15:21
“He said, ‘They’re trying to kill me, Mama! I’m going to die tonight! I’m going to die tonight!’” the mother recounted to the Star-Telegram, adding that Joseph may have been experiencing a mental breakdown like his father did a few years ago, a condition she says runs in his father’s family.

LOL, yeah the same "condition" . . . "cocaine is a hell of a drug".

Police have had previous dealings with Joseph, who’s from Allen, Tex., about an hour northeast of Fort Worth. The Star-Telegram says he’s been collared for possession of drug paraphernalia and a narcotics-related warrant and for assault, the Star-Telegram says.

What, you mean to tell me that he has mental problems yet has a history of narcotic usage and violence . . . who would have thunk.

“In some of the other contacts we’ve had with him, he kind of lives a transient lifestyle,” according to Sgt. Jon Felty, a spokesman for the Allen Police Department, adding that Joseph was known to travel by bus. “He’ll come stay a while. Then he’ll be gone a period of time. Oftentimes he seems to suffer from extreme paranoia.”

Ahh yes the "transient lifstye" so chic today and riding the tax payer funded public transportation . . . what a pillar of society. :rolleyes:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/26/prayer-credited-for-preventing-mass-shooting-after-would-be-robbers-gun-behaved-in-very-mysterious-ways-at-mcdonalds/

jpmuscle
09-27-13, 19:21
What's even better than someone living a transient lifestyle are the mental health facilities that like to play F*** F*** games with one another by admitting certain persons and then upon discharge fronting them a bus ticket to another facilities jurisdiction where the back and forth cycle starts all over again..

sorry, side rant over...:rolleyes:

T2C
09-27-13, 19:38
The first time the weapon malfunctioned, someone should have leapt on this asshole and beat him until brains were leaking out of his ears.

SteveS
09-28-13, 10:54
Probably it is not wise to eat Mcdonalds food in the first place.

Irish
09-28-13, 14:22
The first time the weapon malfunctioned, someone should have leapt on this asshole and beat him until brains were leaking out of his ears.
Or drawn their weapon and shot him in the face.

lunchbox
09-28-13, 14:52
Was it a recently made Glock 9mm?

Oh wait....he did not get brass to the face when he went outside so maybe not.

LOLI'm bettin a Hi -point C9.

kwelz
09-28-13, 18:50
I'm bettin a Hi -point C9.

Looked too small. But yes I would bet it is some cheap POS.

SeriousStudent
09-29-13, 00:41

Ho Lee Crap! This happened in Cowtown, and somebody did not turn his head into a lingering cloud of pink mist?? What has become of my beloved state?

The dude should have been transformed into a McRib sammich post haste. Some friends told me about this story over dinner tonight, and I was stunned. Everyone I know in Foat Wuth carries guns. I know pastors that carry guns there.

Wow....

Safetyhit
09-29-13, 12:42

Agreed. Pretty sad everyone is happy about a POS gun with who knows what crap ammo misfiring while this nightmare of existence walked around at his leisure attempting to kill without repercussion.

ForTehNguyen
09-29-13, 17:38
throw some hot oil on him like in Watchmen

wake.joe
09-29-13, 18:09
Or drawn their weapon and shot him in the face.

Direct and to the point.

Avenger29
09-29-13, 18:18
Agreed. Pretty sad everyone is happy about a POS gun with who knows what crap ammo misfiring while this nightmare of existence walked around at his leisure attempting to kill without repercussion.

Unfortunately people aren't mean enough to fight back properly these days. The willingness to do violence when necessary has been long conditioned out of our culture "It's wrong to hurt others, mkay? Even when they are trying to kill you!" level of BS.

Me? I was raised that if someone tries to do you harm to react with overwhelming violence. Most of the people on this board have that same instinct to do harm immediately in order to stop a violent criminal.