PDA

View Full Version : I need a good sturdy rear flip up sight??

NYH1
09-27-13, 21:36
I didn't search because this rear flip up sight is going to be used kind of different then most. Plus I've never used one before. I'm looking for a really sturdy rear flip up sight that will be used in the "up position 95% of the time". I have a Aimpoint PRO and my iron sights are in the lower 1/3 of my Aimpoint. I have this setup on my Colt 95% of the time. However, I'm thinking about getting a QD scope mount and scope to use every once in a while. So I'll only fold the rear sight down when I put the scope setup on it. Any help would be great.

Thanks, NYH1.

Boba Fett v2
09-27-13, 21:39
Get a Troy or KAC 600m rear BUIS. No need to look any further.

NYH1
09-27-13, 22:16
Boba Fett v2, thanks. I'll check those out.

NYH1.

TomMcC
09-27-13, 22:26
There's a recent thread around here where multiple BUIS were drop tested. All the steel ones were bent and sustained a pretty dramatic loss of zero. The plastic Magpul's took the hit, sprung back with no loss of zero.

HeliPilot
09-27-13, 23:28
I've used Troy, Diamondhead, and MBUS. The Troy has the most solid lockup IMO. I'm anxious to try the new Magpul mbus pro, but as of yet haven't had the opportunity. That being said I would say go with Troy, you won't be disappointed.

samuse
09-28-13, 00:20
I'd go with Troy.

They make a helluva sight and they look good flipped up.

Stickman
09-28-13, 00:20
I've used Troy, Diamondhead, and MBUS. The Troy has the most solid lockup IMO. I'm anxious to try the new Magpul mbus pro, but as of yet haven't had the opportunity. That being said I would say go with Troy, you won't be disappointed.

I've broken two Troy rear sights.... anything can break.

HeliPilot
09-28-13, 00:27

Never said they couldn't be broken. However, the Diamondhead has worn out to the point that it can flip down without depressing the release, and the MBUS, well it's designed to be flipped down with a push of the finger. If the OP is looking for a "dedicated" flip up rear sight I think the best route is Troy.

discreet
09-28-13, 00:32

Dang. Bent, snapped, or...? I have beat my Troys up pretty bad, but then again I have the Micros, so less sight sticking up to get hit on stuff.

coastwatcher42
09-28-13, 03:15
Try the Hahn Precision, they are a well made piece of gear.

http://trooper-gear.com/Hahn-Precision-BUIS-HP-BUIS.htm

vicious_cb
09-28-13, 04:35

Ive also had a Troy shit the bed. If you are looking for a sight that that going to be up most of the time why not just get an LMT fixed?

Boba Fett v2
09-28-13, 08:42
Ive also had a Troy shit the bed. If you are looking for a sight that that going to be up most of the time why not just get an LMT fixed?

OP said he'll be swapping optics to a variable scope once in a while, hence the reason why fixed irons were ruled out.

OP, just so you know you can pretty much break damn near anything on a fighting carbine if you frequently run them hard, train hard or just flat out abuse it.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

ST911
09-28-13, 08:42
OP- See previous thread on BUIS. There are a bunch with member reviews, photos, and manufacturer input.

JSantoro
09-28-13, 15:38
Executive Summary:

1) The OP didn't do a Search because his intent was to use a rear sight as a rear sight.

Groundbreaking.

2) Despite the fact that the emperor was clearly naked, a bunch of folks stumbled over each other to provide their input as to how to make his ermine robes drape better.

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6317/ruprecht.jpg