PDA

View Full Version : IAR

zeusturtle
09-28-13, 09:26
Was watching future weapons and saw an episode on the iar 5.56 version of the m4. They said it has the same operation as a saw and m4 in one platform. It seems like lwrc was on site for the testing so I was wondering if anyone knew if the iar was civi available or not.

Thanks
D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

BH321
09-28-13, 10:37
It is hardly the same operation as the M4 is a magazine fed assault rifle and the SAW is a belt fed machine gun. What the IAR fills is the niche between the M4 which provides somewhat accurate fire on target in a light package, and the SAW which is designed to suppress the enemy. The "IAR" you saw on Future Weapons was I believe LWRCi's entry in the IAR Competition, a competition that HK's HK416 rifle would later win earning it the designation of M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle. If I recall correctly, LWRCi's entry was the M6A4 rifle which was physically identical to their M6A3 rifle with the exception that the weapon fired from an open bolt during full auto fire. So yes, you can purchase a semi-auto rifle similar to LWRCi's entry, or you can purchase a rifle similar to the TRUE M27 IAR by purchasing an HK MR556.

zeusturtle
09-28-13, 10:41
Great info,I didn't mean to imply a belt fed m4,I was mainly siting the open bolt and rate of fire. I'll have to look at lwrcs website or shot them an email.I'm also among since it has a full auto capability that nfa permits would be a must.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4