PDA

View Full Version : How's the fun factor on a .22 AR/M4?

propellerhead
04-26-08, 18:10
I just built myself a mid-length AR-15 and put 80 rounds through it today. The range officer was trying to sell me a .22LR conversion kit which includes a bolt/carrier and a magazine for $200. Is the fun factor shooting a .22 AR about the same as shooting it with the .223? Only half as fun? 3/4?

militarymoron
04-27-08, 14:32
i sometimes think it's more fun, especially if i'm shooting within 35 yds. no worries in the back of my mind about the cost of ammo, and it's just so much fun to pull the trigger as fast as i can with no movement of the rifle. it gets addictive and i find myself spending more time loading mags than shooting as it goes by so quickly.

spike
04-28-08, 02:50
well you can hold the rifle with one hand and unload the magazine. sound like fun? get one.

Nathan_Bell
04-29-08, 08:30
i sometimes think it's more fun, especially if i'm shooting within 35 yds. no worries in the back of my mind about the cost of ammo, and it's just so much fun to pull the trigger as fast as i can with no movement of the rifle. it gets addictive and i find myself spending more time loading mags than shooting as it goes by so quickly.

Aye, 3 Black Dog magazines just aren't enough on most days out with the 22 upper.

markm
04-29-08, 08:58
It's not worth it to me. I shot a sweet dedicated set up that a guy I know built. It was nice and all. But for what he spent and all the effort to get it to run right.... Forget it.

I'm quite happy with my 10/22, some butler creek 25 round mags, and a cheapo RDS.