PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

AlphaKoncepts
10-01-13, 11:53
A Historic day for Illinois. Important parts highlighted.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pressdetails.cfm?ID=761

SPRINGFIELD – Illinois State Police (ISP) Officials announced today that a list of all currently approved concealed carry firearms training curricula is now available on the ISP website at: http://www.isp.state.il.us/

Approved curricula are ready for use and available for all skills required by the Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act (the “Act”), such as firearm safety; basic principles of marksmanship; care, cleaning, loading and unloading of a concealable firearm; transportation of a firearm; and instruction on the appropriate and lawful Interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm. Approved instructors with access to approved curricula, may begin instruction immediately.

The Department has also updated its approved firearms instructor registry that includes a wide range of instructors who have met all eligibility guidelines and requirements. A significant number of firearms instructor applications received were either incomplete or contained errors. Letters have been sent to affected instructor applicants for correction. These applications will be processed further upon receipt of the requested information.

Approved instructors will receive a packet containing instructions outlining their responsibilities for the training under the Act. This packet will also contain a Certificate of Completion form that instructors will issue to class attendees upon successful completion of training.

Training based on approved curricula may begin immediately. Concealed Carry License applications will be available by January 5, 2014.

The Illinois State Police regularly updates its Concealed Carry FAQ’s with information regarding the Illinois Concealed Carry process. Updates may be found at: http://www.isp.state.il.us/

MSpera
10-01-13, 12:24
Wait, what? They're not waiting until the last second or putting a delay on it? This is Illinois still, right?

GunBugBit
10-01-13, 12:29
Congratulations to Illinois citizens. I hope it gets better and better there.

skydivr
10-01-13, 16:02
Do we yet have reciprocity? Don't they have to also change that because of the SCOTUS decision?

AlphaKoncepts
10-02-13, 07:46
Wait, what? They're not waiting until the last second or putting a delay on it? This is Illinois still, right?

LOL Shocking huh! You still have to wait until January 5th before applications will be available. But at least all the early birds can be trained up and ready to go. I suspect there will be alot of next day mail being hustled into Springfield, IL on January 6th.

AlphaKoncepts
10-02-13, 07:50
Do we yet have reciprocity? Don't they have to also change that because of the SCOTUS decision?

I have not heard anything about reciprocity and it being a part of any SCOTUS decision but maybe I just never heard of it. Can you point something out?

My understanding of reciprocity is that states will acknowledge EACH OTHER if their training and requirements are of comparable difficulty levels. Since Illinois is the toughest "shall issue" state I don't expect them to recognize anyone elses CC permits any time soon. Also since the state is broke and out of state permit applicants will pay $300, instead of $150, I think the state is betting on out of state applicants. Final thought, something like 17 states have said they will accept Illinois CC permits due to the stringent requirements to obtain.

Ryno12
10-02-13, 08:08
Any word yet on how long the out of state permits are valid & how much the renewal fee is?

Sent via Tapatalk

ryr8828
10-03-13, 04:22
Any word yet on how long the out of state permits are valid & how much the renewal fee is?

Sent via Tapatalk

5 years, $300.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm

Ryno12
10-03-13, 09:23
5 years, $300.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm
Thanks.

Holy crap, $300 for renewal?! That's ridiculous. :mad:

Sent via Tapatalk

AlphaKoncepts
10-03-13, 09:31

Sent via TapatalkWhen you say out of state permits, I assume you mean a non resident permit? Illinois does not honor any other state carry permit at this time. Though non residents may get trained and get their own IL carry permit. The cost for out of state residents to get an IL CC permit is going to be $300 for 5 years.

I've sent a few emails to Wisconsin and Indiana ranges to see if they want me to come do any training classes but have gotten no responses.

AlphaKoncepts
10-03-13, 09:32
Thanks.

Holy crap, $300 for renewal?! That's ridiculous. :mad:

Sent via Tapatalk

Yep! It is crap. But the state is broke and they know some people WILL pay. I fully expect this to be reduced. I fully also expect the NRA and ISRA to fight for reciprocity. Or just contact your federal senators and representatives and urge them to support nation reciprocity. That'll teach greedy IL!

Ryno12
10-03-13, 10:49
When you say out of state permits, I assume you mean a non resident permit? Illinois does not honor any other state carry permit at this time. Though non residents may get trained and get their own IL carry permit. The cost for out of state residents to get an IL CC permit is going to be $300 for 5 years.

I've sent a few emails to Wisconsin and Indiana ranges to see if they want me to come do any training classes but have gotten no responses.

Correct. I mean non resident.

Yep! It is crap. But the state is broke and they know some people WILL pay. I fully expect this to be reduced. I fully also expect the NRA and ISRA to fight for reciprocity. Or just contact your federal senators and representatives and urge them to support nation reciprocity. That'll teach greedy IL!

I hope it does get reduced. My wife & I spend a few extended weekends in Chicago each year. It sure would be great to get a permit. Certainly, you can't put a value on your safety but I'm having a hard time deciding if I should drop the coin on a permit/training. If it was $300 initially, then $50 for each renewal after, I could probably talk myself into it. We'll see, at least knowing that other's around me may be carrying is better than the way it was before.

Again, congrats to you guys.

Sent via Tapatalk

TomD
10-03-13, 20:46
Reciprocity is a STATE matter that the feds do not need to get into. Something about the camel's nose,etc....

This is a historic event for the 2A, not just the citizens of IL!!

AlphaKoncepts
10-04-13, 09:00
My wife & I spend a few extended weekends in Chicago each year.
Why would anyone do such a thing on PURPOSE?! LOL

Ryno12
10-04-13, 09:14
Why would anyone do such a thing on PURPOSE?! LOL

I know, right?! I thought the same thing originally. Actually, we have a pretty good time. We don't usually venture too far off Mich Ave though. We splurge a lot & drop some good coin on hotels & restaurants. I think the amount of cash we spend down there, I should be given a permit for free. ;)
We enjoy it so much that I stopped referring to everyone there as FIBs... Except, of course, your politicians. :D

Sent via Tapatalk

skydivr
10-04-13, 10:10
Reciprocity is a STATE matter that the feds do not need to get into. Something about the camel's nose,etc....

This is a historic event for the 2A, not just the citizens of IL!!

I gotcha don't want the FED to be the decision-maker...just wondered if the SCOTUS decision would also include some reciprocity changes..

Albert
10-27-13, 23:46
I think its a beast way for the people because they get awareness of all the laws and easily avoid all the legal actions.And also people can stop other crimes that may happen due to rules breaking.
Click Here (http://www.mclaughlins.com.au/what-we-do/gold-coast-law-firm-southport-family-laywer/)