PDA

View Full Version : Carbine Bayonet

lowbar
10-03-13, 05:14
I've seen AR Bayonets before, but cant seem to find them now. Does anyone know a place to get a solid bayonet for and AR platform rifle? Better yet does anyone have experience with a bayonet on a 16" carbine? Thanks!

Airhasz
10-03-13, 06:04
I've seen AR Bayonets before, but cant seem to find them now. Does anyone know a place to get a solid bayonet for and AR platform rifle? Better yet does anyone have experience with a bayonet on a 16" carbine? Thanks!

Don't think it fits correctly unless it's a mid length or rifle gas system.

albatrossarmament
10-03-13, 06:25
The only ones I have seen were cut/rewelded with custom handles. So you end up with a long handle....

Jellybean
10-06-13, 20:22
I can't speak to how it would fit a carbine profile rifle, but I think Airhasz has it right.
As far as where to get, I remember reading somewhere that the two main makers of AR bayonets- of which I mean the M9 series- were LanCay and OKC. Of the two I believe OKC was the better, and as of last year sometime they still sell them, so check Ontario out. I think they still make an M7[?] variant too.

NWPilgrim
10-07-13, 03:23
I believe they will only fit carbines that are 14.5" with pinned flashhider (exact dimendion of military M4), or a 16" with flashhider and midlength gas.

halo2304
10-09-13, 21:15
I can't speak to how it would fit a carbine profile rifle, but I think Airhasz has it right.
As far as where to get, I remember reading somewhere that the two main makers of AR bayonets- of which I mean the M9 series- were LanCay and OKC. Of the two I believe OKC was the better, and as of last year sometime they still sell them, so check Ontario out. I think they still make an M7[?] variant too.

I think the Phrobis made ones are the more desirable of all the companies that made them. I could be wrong though. Some years ago, I had the chance to buy a Phrobis made M9 for ~$200. I have not seen any examples of the other makers but the Phrobis was really well put together.

blade_68
10-10-13, 00:37
I've broke 2 Phrobis bayonets on accident, 1 snagged getting out of 5 ton truck. the other about the same at the handle joint. The M 7 bayonets bend first. Bayonets fit mil(14.5 in.) M4 barrel, mid 16 in. barrels and rifle (A1-A2) M9 bayonets is more useful of sorts. . cut wire ect. over weigh for use more of a parade item or collection. I've got a M9 and had a M7 bayonet issued and personal collection. I haven't used the new contract models, the new USMC bayonets are probably the better in utility.
IMHO