PDA

View Full Version : AZ LEO asked not to wear his uniform at childs school

platoonDaddy
10-04-13, 05:11
This is friggin bull shit if true & in AZ!

A police officer who dropped off his daughter at her Phoenix elementary school was asked by the school’s principal not to wear his uniform to the school because other parents were concerned that he was carrying a gun, MyFoxPhoenix.com reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/03/arizona-police-officer-asked-not-to-wear-uniform-at-daughters-school/?intcmp=latestnews

Eurodriver
10-04-13, 07:06
I don't like to stereotype, but I already know who complained:

Woman
Overweight
30 years old
Dancing With the Stars subscribed on TIVO

The_War_Wagon
10-04-13, 07:28
It un-nerves all the ILLEGAL FOREIGN INVADERS getting OUR free ejumakayshun & benefits... :mad:

skydivr
10-04-13, 10:12
Anybody remember Smokey and the Bandit?

"Do the letters F O mean anything to you?"

yoni
10-04-13, 10:29
If I was that officer I would offer a case of beer to anyone who wrote this idiot principle a ticket. I also would put on my uniform specially to pick up my child.

How could their be any doubt that if the officer was in uniform he was carrying a gun.

In Israel I have done parent teacher nights with either a mini Uzi or Colt commando many a night and some of those nights I wasn't in uniform.

Zane1844
10-04-13, 10:46
I wonder if this person would ask the same to this officer when someone is breaking into their home?

Javelin
10-04-13, 11:23
It's a gun free zone duh!

Haha!!! Liberals.

Alaskapopo
10-04-13, 18:01
I would have politely told the principle I am a state certified officer and I can carry anywhere in the state I damn well please and to have a nice day.

SeriousStudent
10-04-13, 20:47
A long time ago, when my daughter was in 5th grade, one of my neighbors used to take his lunch break and eat lunch with his daughter in the cafeteria.

He also happened to be a Sgt with our local PD, in full uniform. The only thing he had to ask for, was for the kids to stop bringing him treats - they all loved him. :D

Crown Vic parked in front of the school and EVERYONE in that school welcomed him with open arms. I was happy as a clam to see a armed officer eating his ham and rye 15 feet from my little girl.

Guy is still my neighbor, still a friend, and still a Sgt. He doesn't want to leave Patrol, and I respect the heck out of that. We have an awesome local PD.

I honestly feel sorry for those kids in Arizona.

Iraqgunz
10-05-13, 02:32
It happened in Mesa. We have out fair share of morons here too. Many of them are ones who relocated and brought their nonsense with them.

Transplants are often shocked when they see how open people are about firearms here.

I would have reminded said idiot that law enforcement officers in AZ are exempt from the gun ban stupidity and he/she should promptly go phuck off.