PDA

View Full Version : LMT and Anvil Arms question

A_shizzle
04-27-08, 22:34
Ok ive decided to go with a LMT upper receiver, barrel etc.. Im trying to decide on the lower.. from what ive read the lower isnt really that big a deal but i was thinking about gettin a complete Anvil Arms lower receiver for the LMT upper.. Ive heard only good things about Anvil and was wondering if that would be good. Would it really be worth it to fork out the extra hundred $ for the LMT lower? or would the anvil be fine?

MassMark
04-27-08, 22:44
What's not to like about an LMT? Same for an Anvil. If it were me, I'd spend the extra hundred bucks on ammo and go for an Anvil. I don't want to advertise another site on here, but the regional forum I belong to has a member who just put together a similar rifle, (LMT upper with an Anvil lower) - it's very,very sweet. PM me and I'll share the address, unless mods/admins say it's okay to post....

C4IGrant
04-28-08, 08:44
While lowers are GENERALLY all equal, what matters is the quality of the components INSIDE the lower. The LMT L7C2 is really one of the very best deals on the market for $330.

C4

sonrider657
04-29-08, 18:30
My Anvil Arms lower went together perfectly, performs flawlessly, and has excellent fit & finish. Buy with confidence.

http://www.christiancarnivore.com/Anvil.jpg

sterling99
04-29-08, 19:39
I have an Anvil Arms SBR. The gun has been flawless and is very will put together. That aside the owner is very dedicated and a good guy to deal with.

rob_s
04-30-08, 11:29
Does Anvil use a mispec receiver extension or commercial?

sonrider657
04-30-08, 20:22
Does Anvil use a mispec receiver extension or commercial?

I bought a stripped Anvil Arms lower and built it myself with a spare tube that I already had. I am not sure what Anvil uses on their factory-assembled lowers.