PDA

View Full Version : Walker defies order to close federally-funded parks

platoonDaddy
10-05-13, 06:45
Wisconsin Gov. Walker defies order to close federally-funded parks

State officials also said Wisconsin will not not fully follow a Fish and Wildlife Service directive that hunting and fishing be prohibited on federal lands during the partial shutdown, according to the report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/05/wisconsin-gov-walker-defies-order-to-close-federally-funded-parks/

jpmuscle
10-05-13, 09:52
Ha, I love it. I mean after all what does it say about this country when you need permission and oversight of the government to walk in the dam woods.

Zane1844
10-05-13, 10:03
I thought it was strange that you have to pay to enter state parks here in WI.

At least where my friends and I would go for fun, we could go wherever we wanted in the desert or Natl' Forest, in CA.

The_War_Wagon
10-05-13, 10:09
Go Scott, Go! :neo:

TomD
10-05-13, 20:00
Hey Zane, We have to pay to enter our state parks in Texas, too. They don't get much of my money!

TomD
10-05-13, 20:10
Hey Zane, We have to pay to enter our state parks in Texas, too. They don't get much of my money!

Avenger29
10-05-13, 22:51

I thought it was strange that you have to pay to enter state parks here in WI.

Why? Should it be free to enter and supported on solely on tax money, paid for by those who do not use it?

My state's park system is about 85% self funded, so the revenue from admissions and camping goes towards keeping the parks open and maintained while placing as little burden on the taxpayer as possible...and the goal is 100% self sufficiency within the next few years.

Zane1844
10-06-13, 08:11
I just looked at them as National forests like the couple I had close by in CA. Free admission, shooting where it's legal, some hunting, camping. Etc.

I am not saying its wrong, I am just not use to seeing it.

Also, CA has a lot of BLM/. Public land which happened to be in a Natl' Forest.

Javelin
10-06-13, 11:11
Good on Walker to give the finger. Texas has no federally funded land for hunting and fishing. All of it is privately owned and that keeps gov out.

AlphaKoncepts
10-06-13, 13:00
Ha, I love it. I mean after all what does it say about this country when you need permission and oversight of the government to walk in the dam woods.
+1

Couldn't have said it any better.

Generalpie
10-07-13, 22:56
Here the federal areas are pay to park but you can walk in anywhere you want.

I generally pay the parking since I use them for mtn biking a lot and they keep the trails up pretty well.

Joe

Don Robison
10-07-13, 23:23
Good on Walker to give the finger. Texas has no federally funded land for hunting and fishing. All of it is privately owned and that keeps gov out.

What are all these places listed by the U.S. Forest Service?

http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/texas/recreation/hunting

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5436991.pdf

The WMAs are:
Angelina National Forest
Bannister 25,658 acres

Davy Crockett National Forest
Alabama Creek 14,561 acres

Sabine National Forest
Moore Plantation 26,455 acres

Caddo National Grassland
Caddo 16,150 acres

Sam Houston National Forest
Sam Houston 162,984 acres

Good on Walker it needs to be happening more.

Albert
10-27-13, 23:41
Government imply new law for the welfare of general public but now a days these are totally different.They implement the new laws without knowing that what will be the outcome of that policy.