PDA

View Full Version : SKS Muzzle Device options?

SilverBullet432
10-05-13, 15:10
Hey everyone, I searched but found no answer to my question. I am searching for good muzzle device options for my norinco SKS. (not the cheap eBay crap ones) Even if i have to have the barrel threaded, any one have any experience with muzzle devices on the SKS? My wife shoots the rifle mostly, I did put on the tapco stock (i changed the actual stock and put the MOE stock from my DDM4 on it, the tapco one was garbage.) just so she could adjust it to her preference (kept factory mag on it, tapco ones cause feeding issues) I also added a Burris Fast fire II, just to help her aim a little better. Now i was searching for some good muzzle climb solutions. Please, no "you Fu**ing mall ninja" responses. i want some real constructive help. Thank you.

SilverBullet432
10-06-13, 19:57
No one?

eodinert
10-11-13, 07:18
I don't think you really want an answer to this question, at least on this web site. It probably won't go well.

First, let me say that I like SKSs. I have a Yugoslavian variant, and a great big pile of SKS parts that I might try to make a rifle out of some day if I get the time and motivation. An SKS is a rifle to get because you like SKS's, or because of its historical significance, or maybe even just because it's fun and cheap to shoot. When you start putting Tapco stocks, and threaded muzzle attachments, extended magazines and things of that sort, you're really trying to make the rifle into something that it is not. This suggests to me that you may have the wrong rifle for your (or her) needs.

My advice would be to get her an AK, or better yet, an AR, or something else a bit more modern and more in line with what you are really wanting. I haven't been following the AK market very closely, but it's a good time to buy an AR.

Either way, good luck and good shooting.

TED
10-12-13, 15:41
I love com-bloc guns, including SKS's.

I would recommend that if you are going to have the barrel threaded, you might as well have it shortened as well.

If you are going to thread it you might as well thread it using standard308 threads instead of the AK type threads. this will give you much more choices.

Best wishes.

texasgunhand
10-13-13, 01:05
If your gona thread it, how about just a standered AK slant break??

eodinert
10-14-13, 00:22
When I shoot AKs, I can't feel the difference between a muzzle nut, and a slant brake. I wouldn't waste the money for a slant brake.

texasgunhand
10-14-13, 00:54
Ted has a great point then if you dont like the AK slant. Might as well try the US threads, Man thats a tough one, the screw on, slip on ones you see for an SKS are not what i would want either..

I paid 120 bucks for mine a looong time ago and have shot the crap outa it and it still runs great.I saw one at a gun store the other day for like 400 bucks. Hog hunters seem to like them alot. Not trying to compair to an m-14 or an ar-15 but you cant buy one of those for a 100 bucks...lol. I was just thinking the slant would be easy to find..but if your going to go to all that trouble?? Maybe a US .308 style would offer a lot more choices...

SilverBullet432
10-14-13, 06:32
thanks for the replies folks, im going to get her a DDM4v5 (wont be till' around next year though (need to acquire funds.) we went shooting this past weekend. She handles the rifle very well now. the only thing that does slightly suck is the factory 10 round mag. she found herself reloading quite often. Im done with the shit tapco mags though... Id rather have the original. speaking of stocks, my original one isnt very nice its all messed up. I have kind of forgotten about even putting anything on the muzzle now. She handles it better than before. No point in putting all that work into a $350 gun.