PDA

View Full Version : UPS or FedEx?????

jmoore
10-05-13, 15:39
Getting ready to ship a revolver (sw 22-4) off to Coal Creek for QPQ finishing. Is one vendor better than the other for shipping? If same - is one cheaper than the other? TIA. john

T2C
10-05-13, 16:00
Measure your package and weigh it. Then get on the UPS and Fed-Ex websites and calculate shipping.

I only ship firearms through UPS myself, but Fed-Ex service might be better in your area.

SteyrAUG
10-05-13, 16:04
It's probably regional, but I'll never use FedEx ever again...ever.

Kokopelli
10-05-13, 16:07
I don't like FedEx either.. BTW.. Coal Creek changed ownership over the summer IIRC.. Cheers.. Ron

T2C
10-05-13, 16:07

I feel the same way, but I don't have much choice. CMP uses Fed-Ex exclusively and they won't ship to me through another shipper. With all other vendors I use UPS or USPS.

jmoore
10-05-13, 16:12
I don't like FedEx either.. BTW.. Coal Creek changed ownership over the summer IIRC.. Cheers.. Ron

Any feedback/updates you know of????? John

cinco
10-05-13, 16:25
Aw gawd. Fed Ex SUCKS. Fed Ex uses a high number of independent contractors who are FREAKING idiots.

Proof? Ordered a garden hoe to be shipped to my PO Box. Company didn't catch it and sent it any way via Fed Ex. So what does the dumb ass Fed Ex driver do instead of calling me at my phone number which WAS available on their system? Dumb ass driver takes it upon HIMSELF to call 411 for my name - problem there are 4 people in this area with the same name. So the genius decides to pick one where the dude owned a bar - a bar and drops it there. From my super duper detective work I figure this out and go to the bar looking for my hoe - you should have seen the bar-flies faces' when I explain why I'm there - my lost ho.

And that is one of only four incredible stupid events where company's only use Fed Ex because they are bottom barrel service.

Please don't send a prized possession - you are asking for trouble based upon my experience.

Ryno12
10-05-13, 16:26
I prefer UPS. They seem faster & they don't get stuck in my driveway like FED-EX occasionally manages to. :confused:

Sent via Tapatalk

Suwannee Tim
10-05-13, 16:46
Aw gawd. Fed Ex SUCKS. Fed Ex uses a high number of independent contractors who are FREAKING idiots......

He is correct, the FedEx Ground drivers are mostly or maybe (not sure) all contractors. However, a handgun must be shipped air and those drivers are FedEx employees. I happen to hate UPS for reasons I won't get into here. Fact is, there is probably not a heck of a lot of difference. Shipping by air is more reliable and you will be required to ship by air.

Don Robison
10-05-13, 16:56

Same here. Around here they couldn't find their ass with written directions and a gps.

We also had a guy on our local forum move to Alaska last month and he shipped his guns via Fedex since he was driving across Canada. It took 30 days, a lot of phone calls, and the local ATF office where he shipped them from getting involved because of a local Fedex manager deciding to make her own rules up.

Kokopelli
10-05-13, 17:01
Worse yet.. I've noticed several vendors that I use are only offering FedEx shipping options...

SteyrAUG
10-05-13, 17:21
Same here. Around here they couldn't find their ass with written directions and a gps.

We also had a guy on our local forum move to Alaska last month and he shipped his guns via Fedex since he was driving across Canada. It took 30 days, a lot of phone calls, and the local ATF office where he shipped them from getting involved because of a local Fedex manager deciding to make her own rules up.

My favorite FedEx experience was when some dipshit shipped FOUR presample MP5 machine guns in a bright Apple computer box and FedEx left it outside the front door while I was out to dinner.

Simply amazing that they were still there when I got back.

Kain
10-05-13, 18:53
My personal opinion from personal experience. USP Sucks less. Which is to say that if they were a cheap hooker, they could suck a golf ball through a garden hose, where as their competition could suck a bowling ball through a coffee stirrer.

Caeser25
10-05-13, 21:33
I use FedEx all the time for items sold here and on ebay. I've never had an issue.