PDA

View Full Version : Job hunting in CO

Bruce in WV
10-06-13, 12:32
If I take a job in CO what laws impact bringing ARs and mags with me? Can I bring my ARs? Do I need to dispose of all mags (even the Butler Creek 25's for my 10/22) in excess of 10 rds? What about handgun mags over 10 rds?

jmk
10-06-13, 13:12
If I take a job in CO what laws impact bringing ARs and mags with me? Can I bring my ARs? Do I need to dispose of all mags (even the Butler Creek 25's for my 10/22) in excess of 10 rds? What about handgun mags over 10 rds?

good news: you should be fine. and we need you here!

and...we just recalled two of the sh*tbird pols that passed the laws, so things are looking up.

the new laws only address magazine capacity: anything over 15 cartridges or 28 inches of shotgun shells is "bad".

neither .22lr nor any other caliber is exempted.

however, magazines that were possessed before the ban are grandfathered.
and i don't see anything in the law that treats new CO residents bringing their stuff in any differently (but i am not a lawyer!).

the other couple of laws passed have to do with CCW training and universal background checks.

so basically, you should be okay to keep whatever you already have. and you can buy all the new AR's, AK's, Tavors, etc. that your income can support.

if you have receipts for your magazines (like you bought them on line or w/ CC), i personally would keep them as it makes it straightforward to prove - IF that ever comes up.

city of denver is not really "assault weapon" friendly (attitude-wise). but pretty much everywhere else is apathetic at worst, and actually Pro.

interestingly, many of the county sherriff's are suing the state over the new laws(!) :)

here's a good summary of the new laws (ironically prepared for CT):
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0198.htm

check out rocky mountain gun owners http://www.rmgo.org

Bruce in WV
10-06-13, 13:24
Good planning info.

EricTheRed
10-06-13, 16:55
Denver has it's own laws. It is not legal to carry, store, or possess any mag over 20 rds, or anything they deem an "assault weapon", within city limits. The rest of the state is as stated above.

Tennvol12345
10-06-13, 18:15
I moved here in late June and brought my all my NFA stuff with me from Virginia. If you have young kids I would stay away from Denver. Not only does there AWB suck but the schools are terrible

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2