PDA

View Full Version : which mount recon/scout/ extended?

AFshirt
10-06-13, 16:52
I just dipped my toe into the world of 1-4x and bought a Tac30. I have been looking at ADM mounts to go with it but I am not sure which one would work best with my setup. I shoot NTCH. There is the Recon S which doesnt seem to move the scope out any, the Recon which moves it out 2 inches like the cheaper PEPR mount, and the ReconX which moves it out 3 inches. Then there is the Scout model of each that only has one lever. Do people get the ReconX to have the most amount of eye relief available and then just adjust the mount back and forth?

Thanks

El Cid
10-08-13, 18:26
I went with the Recon X based on others' recommendations. I'm very happy with it and I also shoot NTCH.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/photo-1.jpg

AFshirt
10-08-13, 21:55
Thanks, I have researched this a bit and I read where a few people were saying the Tac30 didnt need an extended one because of eye relief but other places where people are saying the extended just makes it more versatile. It wont hurt if you don't need it but there if you do. Brownells has them listed pretty close together so price really isn't an issue. I just didnt want to buy something I didnt need.

glazer1972
10-12-13, 13:19
Extended