PDA

View Full Version : CMC and POF Triggers

ryu_sekai
10-06-13, 17:40
Are these triggers reliable? Got them for a really good price and want to know if they are good to go for HD/Work guns?

4.5 POF and 3.5 CMC AR 15 Triggers

GH41
10-06-13, 17:52
Are these triggers reliable? Got them for a really good price and want to know if they are good to go for HD/Work guns?

4.5 POF and 3.5 CMC AR 15 Triggers

Considering the $$$ savings over a proven trigger I say no. Single stage triggers are gamer triggers. No margin of error when loading the trigger. GH

ryu_sekai
10-06-13, 17:56
Considering the $$$ savings over a proven trigger I say no. Single stage triggers are gamer triggers. No margin of error when loading the trigger. GH

Mil spec triggers are single stage:confused: all rifles come with gamer triggers?

I used to use a 2 stage lmt, didnt care for it much. I prefer single stage and been using std mil spec for a while now.

number1olddog
10-06-13, 18:18
I run a CMC single stage "flat" trigger. I have around 600 rounds on it so I can't say whether it will be reliable or not but I got it for $150 at my LGS. It breaks clean and right at 3 lbs. YMMV.

_Stormin_
10-06-13, 18:19
It's all going to depend upon how you shoot. I personally shoot a two stage trigger better, but that's with a lot of practice and I run the same one in every rifle. I know guys that run a single stage trigger, and love the fact that it's "point and click" with no real take up to speak of.

Can you put them both into a lower and put rounds downrange? If you can, do so, and see which you prefer. You'll probably like one more than than the other. If not, sell them and get a Geissele. :D

ryu_sekai
10-06-13, 19:26
It's all going to depend upon how you shoot. I personally shoot a two stage trigger better, but that's with a lot of practice and I run the same one in every rifle. I know guys that run a single stage trigger, and love the fact that it's "point and click" with no real take up to speak of.

Can you put them both into a lower and put rounds downrange? If you can, do so, and see which you prefer. You'll probably like one more than than the other. If not, sell them and get a Geissele. :D

I should have been more clear. I have both triggers, just want to make sure they are reliable and wont double on me. They are marketed as "tactical" triggers so I hope they will be reliable after thousands of rds.

Iraqgunz
10-06-13, 20:46
I wouldn't use any of them to be quite honest.

ryu_sekai
10-06-13, 21:38
I wouldn't use any of them to be quite honest.

bad triggers?

jerhelo
10-09-13, 19:22
bad triggers?

Most people on here are going to tell you Geissele which I tend to agree with. My friend is running a CMC flat front and he loves it. I have shot it and personally like it myself but can't attest to the reliability. I think they are nice smooth pull and break very clean.