PDA

View Full Version : KNS on 9mm

john armond
10-07-13, 18:32
So I finally got my stamp for my 9mm SBR the other day This is being built on a dedicated CMMG 9mm lower. I will be using a RRA bolt I will have ramped by ADCO. I will be running two different uppers, one suppressed, and the other not.

I have everything except the trigger (and suppresser until the ATF lets it out of NFA jail). I was looking at two different directions for the trigger, Geissele with their pins or CMMG with KNS pins. I have seen opinions on both ends of the spectrum for the KNS pins on a 9mm.

Is there more of a chance of the pins breaking, and the KNS pins causing me to not know they are broken, thereby egging out my lower, or is there more of a chance of the lower egging out without the KNS pins?

I understand the Geissele trigger is superior to the CMMG (I have one for my 5.56), but I don't want to use it if the chances of egging out the lower are greater. From what I understand Colt used/uses a stronger hammer pin in their 9mm. I know the Geissele pin is better than the KNS also.

What is the overall opinion on the use KNS pins in a 9mm AR?

KalashniKEV
10-07-13, 19:16
I think they're a must.

I've not seen or used the Geissle pin, but the KNS would keep the nubs aligned if indeed you did break a hammer pin... and as you pointed out, you would never know you broke it.

The Colt is a flush fitting SS pin, so the KNS extended pins with the external arm should only be stronger.

I'm a few thousand rounds into mine and they are still doing the job.