PDA

View Full Version : The Mako Instinctive Pointing Foregrip

ABNAK
10-08-13, 18:35
http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/ptk.htm

Anyone tried one? Yeah, I know it's Mako and all but for something like this (i.e. not a BCG, barrel, optic, etc.) I'll try what works.

I bought one and I have to say it really does feel "instinctive". The seperate forefinger groove and swell in the main part makes for a rather natural grip. My hands are big enough to then throw my thumb up over the top of the handguards/rail. This makes for an easier-on-the-wrist grip similar to the current "tube holding" one that is all the rage now.

badness
10-08-13, 22:02
why buy that foofoo abomination when you can just get an afg? Magpul even makes 2 different versions for your pleasure.

thehun
10-08-13, 22:47
Dumb..sorry...but dumb...but if it works for you...baam thats all it matters

C-grunt
10-09-13, 01:11
How is this different than an AFG?

Shiz
10-09-13, 02:38
How is this different than an AFG?

Heavier and Kosher?

:)

Mr Elbowseed
10-09-13, 02:56
it's also more expensive

Peshawar
10-09-13, 03:25
They need to put shark teeth on the front side of the Mako to make it extra Mako-y.

jaxman7
10-09-13, 07:30
They need to put shark teeth on the front side of the Mako to make it extra Mako-y.

'Sig line-able'.

KellyTTE
10-09-13, 08:48
I've had pretty much every vfg put there, including the AFG.

If you're interested in a GOOD vfg, try the Stark SE-5. I have one on a 14.5" upper with a Midwest Industries SS12 gen II and it's one of my favorite guns. Points very quickly and is comfortable to run for extended strings/courses of fire.

Galaxy Note II + Tapatalk 2

WS6
10-09-13, 09:03
Dude it's made by Mako. Israelis use it. It MUST be awesome!

Seriously, why do people so often opine what amounts to that?

Tavor.
Anything by Mako.

What is with the obsession over Jewish weaponry?

Personally, I would go with Magpul. I bought one item from Mako one time as it was unique and fit my needs. It was mediocre regarding quality.

ABNAK
10-09-13, 11:42
Dude it's made by Mako. Israelis use it. It MUST be awesome!

Seriously, why do people so often opine what amounts to that?

Tavor.
Anything by Mako.

What is with the obsession over Jewish weaponry?

Personally, I would go with Magpul. I bought one item from Mako one time as it was unique and fit my needs. It was mediocre regarding quality.

That's why I said up front "Yeah, it's made by Mako...." It wasn't a compliment or reference to Semitic superiority. It's also why I commented on it not being a critical component like a BCG, barrel, or optic.

I actually like the way it fits the hand. The seperate forefinger groove, the swell in the main area, etc. Someone mentioned "heavier".....it isn't, anymore so than another piece of plastic that size.

ColtSeavers
10-09-13, 11:54
I honestly have no idea why there is so much animosity for this foregrip. OP simply posted that they were pleasantly surprised by it and like it thus far. Why this thread needed to turn into a bashing against mako/fab defense is questionable at best.

For the record, I understand where the OP is coming from as far it fitting his hand better. I cannot stand the skinny little magpul afg made for woman's hands. Note that I do not use any forward grip to begin with on anything I own.

ABNAK
10-09-13, 12:00
I've had pretty much every vfg put there, including the AFG.

If you're interested in a GOOD vfg, try the Stark SE-5. I have one on a 14.5" upper with a Midwest Industries SS12 gen II and it's one of my favorite guns. Points very quickly and is comfortable to run for extended strings/courses of fire.

Galaxy Note II + Tapatalk 2

I looked it up. Has piqued my interest.......

WS6
10-09-13, 12:29
I honestly have no idea why there is so much animosity for this foregrip. OP simply posted that they were pleasantly surprised by it and like it thus far. Why this thread needed to turn into a bashing against mako/fab defense is questionable at best.

For the record, I understand where the OP is coming from as far it fitting his hand better. I cannot stand the skinny little magpul afg made for woman's hands. Note that I do not use any forward grip to begin with on anything I own.

My post was not directed at OP, but the general sentiment I seem to encounter espousing anything Israeli regarding weapons as "AWESOME!".

I just wouldn't own it based on principal, but if it works for OP, well, it's a chunk of plastic and it fit's OP's usage style, so what's there to say from the peanut gallery about it, specifically, really?

obed_ned
10-10-13, 00:07
So now we're using AR parts based on nationality? In that case I want the M912 any-kind -of foreigner- DNA seeking round. If u'r not from the US of A if I pull the trigger u'r going downj.
Don't get mr wrong. I believe in 'Made in USA'. But Mako parts are not made in the USA. And they have unique designs that are not made by companies in the USA. So if u like them better buy them. If not, buy something else.

Ed L.
10-10-13, 00:13
You know, if you mounted that Mako Instinctive pointing foregrip on the Nautilus Rotating rail you might really have something :haha:

CRAMBONE
10-10-13, 08:20
So now we're using AR parts based on nationality? In that case I want the M912 any-kind -of foreigner- DNA seeking round. If u'r not from the US of A if I pull the trigger u'r going downj.
Don't get mr wrong. I believe in 'Made in USA'. But Mako parts are not made in the USA. And they have unique designs that are not made by companies in the USA. So if u like them better buy them. If not, buy something else.

Then your screwed when the nice gentleman, who enters your house after normal visiting hours because he has ill intentions, is a US citizen.
And from what I have seen Mako's quality is questionable.

misanthropist
10-10-13, 11:02
My post was not directed at OP, but the general sentiment I seem to encounter espousing anything Israeli regarding weapons as "AWESOME!".

I just wouldn't own it based on principal, but if it works for OP, well, it's a chunk of plastic and it fit's OP's usage style, so what's there to say from the peanut gallery about it, specifically, really?

This about sums it up. It's a plastic grip. Sure it's Mako but it's a chunk of plastic that is going to be covered up by your hand most of the time. If you look down during operation and find your Mako grip has been destroyed, well, there's a pretty good chance that you will be even more upset about your hand.

If it's comfortable and works for you and you can stand the ribbing you'll get, what the hell. I also wouldn't own it on principle (and I've been moving away from AFG type stuff anyway), but it does look kind of comfy.

quaesitor logica
10-10-13, 18:57
They need to put shark teeth on the front side of the Mako to make it extra Mako-y.:D . Always thought Mako stuff was a bit overdone in the swag catagory

Benito
10-10-13, 19:05
At least the Stark angled foregrip looks different enough to not be an outright ripoff off the AFG, which is what the Mako thing essentially is.
Magpul should sue these guys.

SilverBullet432
10-10-13, 21:53
You know, if you mounted that Mako Instinctive pointing foregrip on the Nautilus Rotating rail you might really have something :haha:

Now that's sig worthy! :lol:

phenom00
10-11-13, 06:18
Heavier and Kosher?

:)

lolol! Kosher

Campbell
10-11-13, 06:29
They seriously jumped the shark when they named it The Mako Group...no pun intended, really.

graffex
10-11-13, 06:57
Turning the American arm of freedom into the Hebrew hammer. I like it :D

m4brian
10-11-13, 13:52
But sharks don't have scales...

Will_Power
10-11-13, 14:48
For what it's work, the Mako Group's gear seems so damn over-designed and too flashy too me. That's been enough of a deterrent to keep me from doing much serious investigation into their products themselves.

The big, goofy magwell grip? C'mon...

Abraham
10-11-13, 16:01
I don't understand the general annoyance.

This reminds me of when I was a kid and if you wore Foremost jeans instead of Levis, you were looked down upon by all the high school Harry cool guys...

Abraham
10-11-13, 16:07
Oh gawd!

After I posted last, I went to Mako's site to have a look.

Holy Christ, their products look like something out of a Star Wars
geeks idea of cool stuff. Sickening.

I humbly apologize for my previous post.

Mako stuff is bizarre and not in a good way...

jaxman7
10-11-13, 16:16
Guys what is thread contributing? Not being a jerk but it's just rambling.

-Jax