PDA

View Full Version : Fort Collins (CO) Recommendations

ST911
10-08-13, 18:36
What's on the current must-do list for eating, sight-seeing, etc in the Fort Collins area? Particular events in October not to miss that might not be on the tourist info sites?

MAP
10-08-13, 20:13
What's on the current must-do list for eating, sight-seeing, etc in the Fort Collins area? Particular events in October not to miss that might not be on the tourist info sites?

http://bigalsburgersanddogs.com

My favorite burger place in Old Town.

Mike

Clint
10-08-13, 20:32
http://www.fortcollinsbrewery.com/

We had a few very nice Porters here.

ST911
10-08-13, 20:41
http://bigalsburgersanddogs.com

My favorite burger place in Old Town.

Mike

60/40 BURGER
60% beef and 40% bacon patty,
American cheese, lettuce, tomato,
pickles, onions and sauce

Bless your heart, Sir.

Also couldn't help but notice this...

BIG CHANGE JAR
the_growing_projectJoin Big Al’s as we raise money for NOCO flood relief with the Community Foundation of Northern Colorado! Click here to visit their website.

At Big Al’s your small change can make a big difference! In place of having the traditional Tip Jar, Big Al’s staff decided to make a positive impact in our community with the Big Change Jar. Each month the Big Al’s team gets to choose a cause that is important to them. All money collected throughout that month is then donated to the selected cause. And then Big Al’s tops it all off with an additional donation!

Thanks to our generous guests and our hard working staff, Big Al’s change has thus far provided emergency rent and gas money to local veterans, therapeutic opportunities for the youth in need in Fort Collins, food and medical services to our homeless animals, research funding for sustaining our beautiful Northern Colorado environment and so much more!

The Big Change Jar has donated $34,900 and counting back into the community since the opening of Big Al’s Burgers and Dogs in June, 2010!

The Big Change Jar has contributed to the following organizations:

Seems like a great place to spend some money.

J-Dub
10-08-13, 21:03
Jax Sporting Goods is a good place to hit up (if you like outdoor stores ect). Nordy's was good but I think they shut down the Ft. Collins bbq joint.

Brace yourself for the liberals....

MAP
10-08-13, 23:11
60/40 burger is the only way to go.

New Beligum brewery is a nice tour. You can reserve a spot online. Hard left leaning organization but you get free beer during the tour.

Mike

EricTheRed
10-09-13, 02:36
Lived there for 5 years while in school. Great town. My favorite place ever is the Pickle Barrel Deli.

levik97
01-02-14, 02:07
I realize this is an older thread but I would recommend going to Jensen Arms in Loveland over Jax as Jax decided after Sandy Hook that they wouldn't sell any semi-auto rifles anymore. It's an alright store but there seems to be a lot more liberals that go there now and Jensens is the shit. For food, if you like Asian food at all I think the Hu Hot is pretty amazing (it's a Mongolian grill).

For fun stuff to do, the Poudre River is right there and whitewater rafting is a blast. You might venture through the Poudre Canyon and over Cameron Pass and go to North Park. Its very beautiful with lots of wildlife (especially moose) and the people are great. I go to Walden a lot as my grandparents live there (in fact my grandpa was the county judge for 25 years or so of Jackson County). If you do go to Walden, make sure you visit the River Rock Cafe. Some of the best food I have ever had was from there. Also, if you like fishing, North Park is pretty hard to beat.

Hope you had fun when you went in October!

Levi