PDA

View Full Version : ? on pivot vs non-pivot bipod's

platoonDaddy
10-11-13, 12:12
Wanted to purchase a bipod to attach to a sling swivel stud. Need the pro & cons of each.

FeltaDorce
10-11-13, 12:14
I have used both extensively over the years. I prefer the pivot type for most situations. If you can be SURE of a level shooting platform (like a bench) DON'T get the pivot. Without the pivot, they really feel rock-solid.

My shooting data suggests that both types of bipod support my rifle better than I can shoot it :)

trinydex
10-11-13, 15:11
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6BPAeUg_M‎

i believe this is the video where he talks about pivot on bipods. seemed reasonable to me.

platoonDaddy
10-11-13, 21:15
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6BPAeUg_M‎

i believe this is the video where he talks about pivot on bipods. seemed reasonable to me.

Found video very interesting and also like the idea of the pod-loc.

I have used both extensively over the years. I prefer the pivot type for most situations. If you can be SURE of a level shooting platform (like a bench) DON'T get the pivot. Without the pivot, they really feel rock-solid.

My shooting data suggests that both types of bipod support my rifle better than I can shoot it

The KMW pod-lok video link that was presented by trinydex, would stabilize the pivot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpJlcyUlqjg&feature=youtu.be

Thanks guys!