PDA

View Full Version : Ultimak Aimpoint mount

vaspence
04-28-08, 19:30
Ok perhaps my search fu is weak or maybe I'm tired of reading posts with no answer. Got an Ultimak on my Ak and bought an Aimpoint to run on it. Much to my chagrine the Larue mount doesn't work. No worries I'll let it share duty with the Eotech on one of my AR's. I do need a mount for the Ultimak though. The Aimpoint is an ML3. Any recommendations?

Update - Not only is my search fu weak but my ability to lock down the Larue is/was weaker. After reading the below I tried it again and it worked. Fantastic, now off to see how I like 1 - the Aimpoint and 2 - the Aimpoint on the 106.

Thanks,
Spence

czydj
04-28-08, 20:18
Ok perhaps my search fu is weak or maybe I'm tired of reading posts with no answer. Got an Ultimak on my Ak and bought an Aimpoint to run on it. Much to my chagrine the Larue mount doesn't work (a quick search revealed that info). No worries I'll let it share duty with the Eotech on one of my AR's. I do need a mount for the Ultimak though. The Aimpoint is an ML3. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Spence

Why doesn't it fit? I have several LT mounts that work fine on the Ultimak. Is it you just don't like where the sight winds up?

Just a thought, but did you get the stock Aimpoint mount with your ML3? I know it's not quick release, but it will let you mount the Aimpoint nice and low and the price is right.

hth!

they
04-28-08, 20:46
AP low mount

FJB
04-28-08, 21:10
Spence,
If you ordered the Micro T-1 from LaRue and it came with his Low Mount PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a stock Aimpoint OEM Micro Low Mount which will work with the Ultimak rail. The Ultimak rail is not exactly M1913 Picatinny Spec rail, some are closer than others. The Aimpoint Micro T-1 standard OEM mount will work on both Picatinny and Weaver rails, thus will work on the Ultimak rail. It won't be a quick release mount but it will fit.

S/F

Ooopss...didn't read your post close enough and now realize you are GTG.

Jay Cunningham
04-28-08, 22:16
As Freddie alluded to, the way it comes out of the box works best on an UltiMAK equipped AK. It allows for co-witness.