PDA

View Full Version : New AAC Blackout - use the rockset? POI changes?

awpk03s
10-11-13, 16:56
I have decided that muzzle comps are not optimal for me and my intended use of the weapon in question.

Today, it wears a BCM Comp Mod 1. I ordered and received an AAC blackout flash hider. It came with a vial of Rockset... Should I use it? Is it necessary? If I need to remove it sometime in the unexpected future, will it come off?

Any guesses or thoughts on what type of POI shift I may see from this? 16" mid length gas, BCM 410 SS mid weight barrel.

Thanks!

Iraqgunz
10-11-13, 17:06
Unless you are using it with the suppressor you are fine.

I have decided that muzzle comps are not optimal for me and my intended use of the weapon in question.

Today, it wears a BCM Comp Mod 1. I ordered and received an AAC blackout flash hider. It came with a vial of Rockset... Should I use it? Is it necessary? If I need to remove it sometime in the unexpected future, will it come off?

Any guesses or thoughts on what type of POI shift I may see from this? 16" mid length gas, BCM 410 SS mid weight barrel.

Thanks!

Dano5326
10-11-13, 17:07
Yes use it, esp if hooking a can on. You will not have crush washer, or other, tension on it to keep it tight.

Yes will come off

No way of knowing POI shift, you could have a carbon'd up device on now, or a brake that induces shift. I usually see less than 2moa from an A2 device.

awpk03s
10-11-13, 19:46
Thank you gentlemen. This is the non-suppresor mount model. I put a drop or two on the threads and torqued it down.

I don't anticipate much zero drift, but will check it out at a range soon to be sure.

I've got an Aimpoint T1 4MOA in a Larue mount on it now that is/was already zeroed in pretty darn good. I will verify with that, and also zero in a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42 in a Larue mount to really see what this barrel can do.

ra2bach
10-12-13, 12:44
are you asking if the rockset will change POI? simply changing the MD will potentially change POI. but then you zero and drive on. I don't see what having rockset in the threads has to do with this.

if you are going to attach a suppressor to this, I would use the rockset. after heat and vibration, the very act of attaching and removing it would tend to unscrew the MD. in fact, since I can see no downside, I would do it regardless...

awpk03s
10-12-13, 16:21
I was asking whether to use the rockset when installing the AAC, and for thoughts on POI shift from changing muzzle devices.

I did use the rock set. This isn't the suppressor mount model.

Went out today and shot it, minimal changes to elevation were necessary. Rifle shot great with both T1 and Nikon Monarch at 100 yards.