PDA

View Full Version : A2 Buffer tube,6 Position Buffer/Spring,& A Spacer

ARJ
10-13-13, 14:08
I have this stuff lying around and I have a mid length gun I went from 6 position to a fixed rifle stock.I only have the rifle tube and stock from parts accumulating over time,no spring or buffer. I do have a spacer that I somehow ended up with. Can anyone tell me if I can run the spacer with the 6 position buffer and spring in the rifle tube and be good with that until I get rifle set up? I've done some searches and couldn't come up with anything specific as this combo. Thanks in advance

Iraqgunz
10-13-13, 17:30
If I am understanding you correctly you are talking about using a carbine spring and buffer inside a rifle tube? If so, then no I do not recommend it.

I have this stuff lying around and I have a mid length gun I went from 6 position to a fixed rifle stock.I only have the rifle tube and stock from parts accumulating over time,no spring or buffer. I do have a spacer that I somehow ended up with. Can anyone tell me if I can run the spacer with the 6 position buffer and spring in the rifle tube and be good with that until I get rifle set up? I've done some searches and couldn't come up with anything specific as this combo. Thanks in advance

ARJ
10-13-13, 18:03
Not even with the spacer to make up the difference? I'll take your word for it, It is a new unfired rifle and have no plans to **** it up quite yet. Thanks!

Clint
10-13-13, 18:13
If the spacer is the right length (~2.64"), it could work.

BUT you can get a rifle buffer and spring for only $20 plus shipping.

Not worth messing around, just get the proper parts and drive on.

Iraqgunz
10-13-13, 18:15
You can do what you want, but it isn't correct. In addition a rifle buffer weighs 5.1-5.3 oz. Which means that you would need an H3 carbine buffer to make it run correctly. They cost considerably more than a rifle buffer. So you are better off getting a rifle buffer and spring.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Rifle-Buffer-M16-AR15-p/buffer%20rifle.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Rifle-M16-Action-Spring-p/spring%20rifle%20m16%20%20action.htm

Not even with the spacer to make up the difference? I'll take your word for it, It is a new unfired rifle and have no plans to **** it up quite yet. Thanks!

Djstorm100
10-13-13, 18:59
Not to hijack the thread but I notice bcm had a carbine buffer and h buffer. I though these were the same?

Using tapatalk

Iraqgunz
10-13-13, 19:04
The carbine buffer type is the family of buffers. Within that family you have the plain "standard" carbine buffer, followed by H, H2 and H3. They are different in that they weigh differently and are used in various applications.

Not to hijack the thread but I notice bcm had a carbine buffer and h buffer. I though these were the same?

Using tapatalk

Djstorm100
10-13-13, 19:11
The carbine buffer type is the family of buffers. Within that family you have the plain "standard" carbine buffer, followed by H, H2 and H3. They are different in that they weigh differently and are used in various applications.

Carbine standard buffer has zero tungsten weights then and is the lightest with h3 being the heaviest.

Using tapatalk

Iraqgunz
10-13-13, 19:57
Yes, it is the lightest.

Carbine standard buffer has zero tungsten weights then and is the lightest with h3 being the heaviest.

Using tapatalk

ARJ
10-14-13, 00:29
Just ordered them. Thanks for the link...

Fly'nBuff
10-14-13, 21:25
Thanks for the great info. I just stumbled on this today and was able to order exactly what I needed. I'm converting all of adjustable stocks to A1s.