PDA

View Full Version : Peq 15 mounting options

OIPactual
10-15-13, 20:08
Hey guys, i have a DDV5, and I'm trying to mount my peq 15 on it along with a x300. I am having difficulty positioning it. I have read that having a light on the bottom is generally bad practice, but it seems the only place where i can mount it and still have room for the peq. Any ideas or pics of a mount solution would be great. I also have a peq 14 that i could mount instead, but the light portion is a bit dim for my uses, and its a beast on the rail. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ClearedHot
10-15-13, 23:53
Mount the PEQ on the 12 o'clock rail, and the light on either the 3 or 9 o'clock.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-16-13, 06:06
Do as the poster above said, or utilize one of the HSP/IWC mounts.

OIPactual
10-16-13, 06:47
Does anybody make a switch that will control both? i mounted it that way and it fits well, but i can't actuate the light and peq at the same time, or when shooting support hand.

mcmillanman5
10-16-13, 09:46
Does anybody make a switch that will control both? i mounted it that way and it fits well, but i can't actuate the light and peq at the same time, or when shooting support hand.

Out of curiosity why would you want to run the light and the peq at the same time? The peq is used for shooting with NV, correct me if I am wrong but your x300 is white light only right?

For me if I am running white light I use my aimpoint to sight and my NVGs are flipped up. If using NV I sight with the ir laser and don't use white light. While there are dual switches I have not seen one for your intended application.

BC520
10-16-13, 09:52
PEQ-15 uses a vis laser also. Quite a few reasons to use vis and white light at the same time.

Mine is at 12. My light is at 9 so it can be activated with my thumb with the tape switch for the PEQ under my palm. Personally, I think there is a better option than your 300 for the carbine, and I leave the Surefire 300 or the Streamlight Tlr's on handguns.

mcmillanman5
10-16-13, 10:18
PEQ-15 uses a vis laser also. Quite a few reasons to use vis and white light at the same time.

Mine is at 12. My light is at 9 so it can be activated with my thumb with the tape switch for the PEQ under my palm. Personally, I think there is a better option than your 300 for the carbine, and I leave the Surefire 300 or the Streamlight Tlr's on handguns.

I am aware of the visible laser on the peq but personally have never been a fan of visible lasers. That is another discussion however. I do agree with you on the light issue though.

JohnnyC
10-16-13, 17:22
If you're absolutely sucked in to getting the x300 on top of the gun, throw the PEQ on the port side. You'll have the same offset as if it were mounted 12 o'clock only bullet impact will be right of your POA as opposed to left. (Provided you utilize an offset zero to begin with) Your vertical offset will still be above the bore.

OIPactual
10-16-13, 19:30

Surefire told me that the scouts, and the x series are the same specs, just different bodies. Can you post a pic of your setup? I dont usually use the peq and whit light at the same time but you never know. I recently took a class where the instructor spoke about the usefulness of vis lasers. It made me start to think about using the vis laser on the peq, as i usually just use the ir for nv shooting.