PDA

View Full Version : Seems Bushmaster is upping the ante.

olds442tyguy
04-29-08, 17:24
I wouldn't buy one, nor would I say they're a good deal, but they weren't just BS'ing when they said they were heading a new direction apparently.

http://bushmaster.com/bcs/index.asp

1/7 twist barrels, MI rails, Magpul and Vltor stocks, IonBond finishes, Surefire muzzle devices, MIAD's, Geissele triggers, PRI charging handles, 300 yard sub MOA accuracy guarantees, etcetera.

I won't be buying any but I'm damn impressed that Bushmaster is stepping up. If they're taking this route, I have absolutely no worries the ACR will be a thorough product.

ToddG
04-29-08, 17:27
All that for just $3,295!

olds442tyguy
04-29-08, 17:34
Yeah, the price is out there, but the step towards using quality products and features is what has my hopes up.

They're apparently open to using 1/7 twist stainless barrels now, which is a big plus to me. I'd love to get my ACR with a stainless 14.5" 1/7 barrel and a permanently attached Surefire suppressor adapter/flash hider.

variablebinary
04-29-08, 17:41
Okay, Bushmaster is making an effort...good

But they must be a crack to think anyone that knows AR15's is going to pay those prices

I could put together a custom build with an upper from MSTN, JTAC, Dennys, PK or Adco for less than that.

Robb Jensen
04-29-08, 18:13
Yeah $3K and it better have a can.

Buck
04-29-08, 18:36

Is that a lifetime supply of

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/29/55271130_1adba5c317.jpg?v=0

Or a

http://www.advanced-armament.com/images/mainpic~silencers.jpg

???:cool:

JLM
04-29-08, 19:10

And some hookers. And some Guinness.

SHIVAN
04-29-08, 19:18
MSRP's are always way overboard....everywhere you shop.

I mean Surefire 762K can's are MSRP'ed over $1800. I didn't pay that for mine.

hellbound
04-29-08, 19:50
I won't be buying any but I'm damn impressed that Bushmaster is stepping up. If they're taking this route, I have absolutely no worries the ACR will be a thorough product.

so bushmaster starts a "custom shop" and charges every penny for that "custom" quality... and that means that an ACR rolling off of their standard production line will have that same quality?

i'm not following the logic.

RogerinTPA
04-29-08, 20:24
Glad to hear it BM is finally stepping up on the QC issues. If I think about all the mods I've made to my AR's (Rails, stocks, red dots sights, 4x optic, vfg's, mags, plus the weapons themselves, the cost far exceeds the 3k+ dollar mark per weapon. Their price is steep with out an optic.

olds442tyguy
04-29-08, 20:47
so bushmaster starts a "custom shop" and charges every penny for that "custom" quality... and that means that an ACR rolling off of their standard production line will have that same quality?

i'm not following the logic.
I didn't say that. :confused:

Let me reword it as simple as I can.

There have been rumors flying around that Bushmaster was going to up their quality, their features, and start carrying more top shelf products. This is evidence that rumor is true, which gives me more confidence in Bushmaster making the ACR.

If Bushmaster starts putting more effort into their other products, I can begin to trust them even more as a company when the ACR rolls out.

EDIT: It's also Bushmaster offering mid length barreled AR's. I expect Bushmaster to offer standard production midlength AR's in the future as well seeing as both their custom shop AR's and the ACR will be using midlength gas ports.

jmart
04-29-08, 21:09
Not too out of line when comparing MSRP to some comparable Sabre Defence offerings. Still, if the QC isn't there, you just have a BM with a decent rail, a stock, a fh/brake, etc.

Oscar 319
04-29-08, 21:10
And some hookers. And some Guinness.

More than $3k on a Bushy and you'll need more than a can, more like a bottle. A big bottle. A very large bottle to kill the pain.

http://billyocean.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/mdspread.jpg

:o

rayray
04-29-08, 21:14
I've always used and liked Bushmaster. I'm looking into this deal, it has Me thinking another Bushmaster.

Wayne Dobbs
04-30-08, 09:16
So the bottom line is that BM is announcing that they are going to start doing what they should've been doing all along with respect to QC/QA AND charging MORE for it...

variablebinary
04-30-08, 10:28
The 300 yards sub MOA guarantee is interesting

I'd like to see Bushmaster expand the custom line to sub $1500 carbines, if for now reason other than seeing what names they conjure up...

Urban Interdiction Rifle...makes Afghan sound bland in comparison :p