PDA

View Full Version : DDM4 rail weight?

PatrioticDisorder
10-17-13, 16:40
Has anyone ever weighed the DDM4 rail? I have a V1 and V5 both with LW barrels and I'm curious what the weight of these rails are because after seeing what the weight of the BCM keymod rail is (7.7oz) I'm giving serious consideration to going with the new BCM keymod rail vs. what I have now (I'm obsessed with shaving weight, lack of weight is what I love about the AR platform) and I'm just wondering what the weight savings would be...

Iraqgunz
10-17-13, 18:00
https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems.html

Iraqgunz
10-17-13, 18:30
Exactly which rail do you have?

PatrioticDisorder
10-17-13, 18:45
Exactly which rail do you have?

The latest version of the DDM4 rail, both the V1 & V5 variant. The rail you can only get on a complete DD rifle.

Iraqgunz
10-17-13, 19:46
That rail looks alot like their FSP rail. That one weighs like 17 oz.

Let's just say that yours weighs 14.7. The BCM weights claims still make it lighter.

I also think that people sometimes obsess too much on that. YMMV

The latest version of the DDM4 rail, both the V1 & V5 variant. The rail you can only get on a complete DD rifle.

PatrioticDisorder
10-17-13, 20:00
That rail looks alot like their FSP rail. That one weighs like 17 oz.

Let's just say that yours weighs 14.7. The BCM weights claims still make it lighter.

I also think that people sometimes obsess too much on that. YMMV

Guilty as charged on the highlighted, but it's one of the major advantages the AR platform. My DDM4's feel super light as is, but if I can shave weight off, it's something I can look into. There does come a point where I would agree for a few ounces it may be foolish, but for 6-7 ounces, it's certainly appealing. Thanks for the response, but if anyone knows the actual weight I'd still love to have that info, certainly helps in the decision making process.

Also, if you're referring to the "lite rail", the website has it listed as 13.9 ounces and I'd guess the DDM4 rail is a bit lighter than that since it's slimmer, but I have no idea how much lighter it may be...

TXinfidel
12-28-13, 07:39
Bump. Anyone have an actual weight on this?

Hank6046
01-11-14, 20:06
15.6 oz for the 12" Omega X Rail, took this from a buddy at atomic tactical (great guys). The DD website says its 15.3oz. I own the DDV5, weighs around 9 pounds with optics and accessories, great weight for the package, love the rail, wanted the V7 because of the mono rail platform but have no need to replace it.

PatrioticDisorder
01-11-14, 21:43
Wow back from the dead. I stopped obsessing about the weight of the rail. Answer to my quest for uber light... Wait until BCM introduces the fluted extra light weight barrel with 15" KMR and buy another rifle. :D

WS6
01-11-14, 22:23
9" ddm4 weighs a bit under 10oz including barrel nut, I believe.