PDA

View Full Version : Inforce Pistol Light at 12 O'Clock?

m4brian
10-17-13, 20:53
http://images.yuku.com/image/png/0f935333d414f37d070992ff6cef264f94f138d.png

Anyone use this with an FSP rail and at the 12 O'Clock position? How is it? Does it clear the front sight well enough? Thanks.

Scotter260
10-17-13, 22:52
There's an on-going thread about these in the Optics/Lasers/and Lights forum - you might have better luck there. Someone posted a picture (looked like a CAD rendering) of an X300 with one of the lights you're asking about in front of it to show how much rail space it took up. The rendering didn't have any front sight however.

WS6
10-18-13, 02:01
As i understand it, the only FSP that it will clear is the LMT or the "original" "fixed" style due to the way the paddles work. Height-wise, it is fine, I understand.

m4brian
10-18-13, 04:16
Thanks - I only have the standard FSP.

Wake27
10-18-13, 07:16
As i understand it, the only FSP that it will clear is the LMT or the "original" "fixed" style due to the way the paddles work. Height-wise, it is fine, I understand.

I didn't see the part where LMT is the only compatible version but I didn't really look since it doesn't affect me. I know that it won't work with a DD FSP though.

WS6
10-18-13, 07:53
I didn't see the part where LMT is the only compatible version but I didn't really look since it doesn't affect me. I know that it won't work with a DD FSP though.

I don't know this for a fact, it's just what I have surmised by looking at the DD, knowing it won't fit, and looking at a lot of others. I definitely have room to be wrong here.

m4brian
10-18-13, 16:28

Exactly what doesn't work? It blocks the sight picture? You cannot activate the switch?

Thanks. I have two guns with DD Omega X FSP rails - not the Lite rail.

Wake27
10-18-13, 21:03
Exactly what doesn't work? It blocks the sight picture? You cannot activate the switch?

Thanks. I have two guns with DD Omega X FSP rails - not the Lite rail.

The FSP blocks the switch on the APL so you can't activate it. There's a thread on it here somewhere.

jerrysimons
10-19-13, 00:37
I posted in the APL thread but the current DD FFS will not fit flush against the back of the APL in between the switch wings. You would have to remove some material from the switch wings to fit over the wide base of the DD FFS.
I don't know about the MIL front sight base but from memory it seems like it should sit flush against the front sight base with the wings enveloping either side but it sounds like there is not enough room to depress the switches inward.

britishtq
10-19-13, 01:24
Will a tlr1 work on the Daniel defense in that position?

m4brian
10-19-13, 07:57
The FSP blocks the switch on the APL so you can't activate it. There's a thread on it here somewhere.

Seems odd. The longer WML seems to be fine.

Wake27
10-19-13, 10:27
Seems odd. The longer WML seems to be fine.

Its something about the FSP flaring out at the bottom so you can't rotate the rocker switch, not its overall length.

MadDog
10-26-13, 15:48
Will a tlr1 work on the Daniel defense in that position?

Yes, I have TLR's in front and butted up against DD's Fixed Front Sight on my 10.5" SBR and my 11" SBR and they work perfectly. The DD fixed front sight was designed to work with the TLR and SureFire's X300 series.

MadDog