PDA

View Full Version : Glock sights & holster for CCW

Severian
04-30-08, 00:55
blank

Oscar 319
04-30-08, 01:22
I have the standard "old school" Trijicon 3 dots on all my Glocks that have served me well. They are great sights.

I am still searching for a good IWB for the Glocks, I have yet to buy a good one. I usually don't need one. So no recomendations. I am leaning toward a Crossbreed or Comp-tac.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with a G23 if it has proven itself reliable and you shoot it well. Of all my guns old and new, I keep going back to my G27 for these reasons.

RD62
04-30-08, 07:12
I just have the Glock factory night sights. They have been GTG so far.

For CCW I use a Sidearmor Kydex tuckable IWB that I can only best describe as a Kydex clone of a Vers Max 2. I just noticed that the plate that makes up the belt clips has cracked and looks like it might fail. Sidearmor no longer produces this model and it is out of warranty. I will probably look to Comp-Tac for a replacement as my previous dealings with them were excellent as is their product.

-RD62

nickdrak
04-30-08, 07:53
I prefer the Heinie "Straight-Eight" tritium sights over all the others.

I highly recommend the Tucker Gunleather "The Answer" IWB hybrid holster. I have been carrying my M&P 40/45 fullsize in one for about a year now and it is by far the best quality, most comfortable IWB holster I have ever owned. CompTac has a almost identical holster called the "Minotaur MTAC" which is much less expensive, and probably alot faster to receive then the "Answer" if you are in a rush. If you decide to order either one, make sure to get a couple extra sets of clips as they will eventually wear out and crack.

JohnN
04-30-08, 08:26
In my opinion, if you are trying to conceal a fullsize handgun you can't do better than Raven Concealment. I have used one of their Phantoms to conceal both M&P9 & .45's without printing. It can also be used both IWB and OWB. http://www.ravenconcealment.com

tiger seven
04-30-08, 08:48
I like Heinie Straight Eight sights, too. I have them on my G19 and will eventually have them on all my pistols. :)

Derek

M4arc
04-30-08, 09:04
I prefer the standard Trijicon NS and a Milt Sparks VMII for IWB carry.

DavidFourteen
04-30-08, 11:37
I am still searching for a good IWB for the Glocks, I have yet to buy a good one. I've been pleased with the High Noon Holsters (http://www.highnoonholsters.com) Taigunner with Straps.

sff70
04-30-08, 12:16
Heinie straight eight tritium sights.

I've tried Novak, MMC, Mepro, Trijicon, etc. and IMO, Heinie makes the best damn sights, period.

They could be brighter, though. If you want that, go with either TruGlo or AmeriGlo.

Raven concealment systems holsters. They are made of thin kydex, and they are modular. By changing the attachment method, you can make it OWB or IWB. You can use hooks, loops, or snaps.

Guys are saying very good things about Raven. This will be my next holster.

doughnut
04-30-08, 12:44
I've been using a Raven Concealment Phantom with my G19 for about 2 months now and really like it. I'm a Comp-Tac CTAC fan but I like the Phantom's modular design allowing me to have OWB, IWB, IWB-tuckable, etc. in one holster. I like the dual loop Baldetech as well. As far as sights, I run the controversial XS Big Dots and recently ordered some Warrens but haven't had the opportunity to install them.

Severian
04-30-08, 13:37
blank

hp35
05-03-08, 11:02
G-19. 10-8 rear with trijicon front. Comp-Tac Minotaur slide, just rcv'd this week, and I can't say enough good things about it. The week before I was using a Gurkha.

David Thomas
05-03-08, 12:36
Thanks all for the suggestions. I think I'm going to try out the Comp-Tac Minotar MTAC. I was about to get the CTAC, but settled on the MTAC as it seems like a good combination of leather backside (for everyday comfort) and Kydex.

I just got my MTAC in on Thursday. It will be replacing my CTAC. So far I am pleased with the MTAC. It conceals as well as the CTAC although it does so while being more comfortable.

tjcoker
05-03-08, 12:38
Milt Sparks VMII and Heinie Straight 8's. Even my Dad... a long time Trijicon user noted how the Heinie Straight 8's served him better at our last LAV course. His G26 with Trijicon's took a dump and another student loaned him a G19 with the Heinie's... my old man has now bought a G19 and is asking me about installing some Heinie's for him.

MS VMII is more comfortable for me than my CTAC. The MTAC is a good holster but tends to stick out from the waist too much for my tastes... it has been relegated to range use. I would highly recommend the 55BN from MS if you want OWB. That is a sweet holster and even put my G21SF away no problem when I was carrying that.

I now have 4 months to go for my VMII and 55BN for my recent switch to the G19.

You honestly can't go wrong with the MS holsters. I'd buy the MTAC and/or CTAC for interrum use until MS sends you the VMII/55BN. You won't regret the quality, feel, secure fit, etc of the MS lineup. It's worth the money and wait.

warrior9504
05-03-08, 13:13
Sights: I also like the XS big dots. Great company, they replaced my rear sight for free when I broke the vial (read the directions stupid) installing it. Better yet they replaced it for FREE and FREE next day air delivery....that's customer service.

I have a beltman bull hide reinforced - nice belts.

Holsters...man have fun with that one!