PDA

View Full Version : Make friends with your range officers!

PhilMc
10-20-13, 13:29
At the range I'm going to on a regular basis I have found it to be a good source of brass. I have been picking for a couple years now and have befriended the range officers. They have come to know what kinds of brass I collect. They now let me go thru the brass as they sort it out.

Today one of them started pulling 45acp brass for me and set it off to the side for me to retrieve. The amount of brass I am able to collect by far pays for my yearly range pass. I don't get greedy, I only take what I'm going to reload, don't want to leave a bad impression.

I find that going to the range is much more than just shooting, have made some really good friends in the process. Have plenty of brass now to reload over the winter!

Shotgun Jeremy
10-20-13, 14:53
Range personel are, in my opinion, some of the best kinds of friends you can make. Mine got to where they let me in to shoot for free. We hang out on the side as well and they know they can call on me any time they have a big event, so it goes both ways.

Bimmer
10-21-13, 14:33
Range personel are, in my opinion, some of the best kinds of friends you can make...

I'm a Range Safety Officer at my local gun club.... I agree.

You meet the nicest people at the shooting range!