PDA

View Full Version : Glock holster help...

Buck
04-30-08, 18:09
I am currently carrying a Glock 35 with an X-300 light and DG-11 tail cap and I am looking for a quality belt holster for strong side right hand carry… I really like the Sidearmor vertical scabbard, but they do not make a holster to accommodate a Glock 35 with an X series light…

Does anyone have a recommendation???

B

USMC03
04-30-08, 18:49
Buck,

I've been using Blade Tech outside the waist band belt holsters for off duty / undercover duty since 1996 and really like them.

That being said, I carried a Blade Tech holster for the Glock 19 / x200 for over a year, and while it was a good holster I found it to be quite bulky.

I recently received a couple of Raven Concealment holsters, one for the M&P 9 and the other for the M&P 9 w/ Surefire x300.

Initially I noticed that the Raven concealment kydex was noticably thinner than Blade Tech's, but I don't think that will be an issue.

I'm still waiting on my M&P 9's, so I can't comment on long term wear, but I have tried both holsters on for short periods of time with other people's M&P's.

The only thing that I noticed immedately about the M&P / x300 holster his how much better it hugged my body than the Blade Tech holster. The Raven Concealment holster also is probably one of the most modular holster's on the market. While my actual wear time with them has been limited, I'm extreemly impressed with the design and construction. They may be worth a look.

S/F,
Jeff

lindertw
04-30-08, 18:54
have a look at the Phantom series from Raven Concealment (http://www.ravenconcealment.com/products/holsters.html) (scroll down about 1/2 way on the link provided to see sample for Glock w/light attachment); they're modular and can be set up as IWB or OWB. I'm looking to replace my Galco side snap OWB for my G19, and I found this M4C link (http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9048) regarding Raven and I think I'm going to give it a try.

good luck with your search!

*eta - Jeff beat me to it ;)

SuicideHz
04-30-08, 19:17
In case you still need another option, I'm quite fond of the Comptac holsters. I have two IWBs and love them.

I haven't had any troubles or complaints about mine but they are the only real holsters I've every owned. Take it for what it's worth.

Buck
05-01-08, 14:24
Well I ponied up an purchased a Raven holster set for my Glock35 with x300... Ill run it a while and let you know how it goes...

Thanks for the replies...

B

jackinfl
05-01-08, 14:47
Have you looked at DON HUME leather?

They make a plain clothes style holster for lights.

Jack