PDA

View Full Version : Obama rolling out "greatest hits" already?

tb-av
10-21-13, 12:15
Wow!.... they did the fainting woman routine again!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UcI9ObGZIA

skijunkie55
10-21-13, 12:18
Rule #1... don't lock your knees.

amateurs :rolleyes:

ForTehNguyen
10-21-13, 13:44
the fumes coming from his BS must have been overpowering

Mauser KAR98K
10-21-13, 15:14
Rule #1... don't lock your knees.

amateurs :rolleyes:

That was my first thought.

First rule of standing at attention.

tb-av
10-21-13, 18:40
Turns out she's pregnant and a diabetic --- wow,,, shades of the Al Gore campaign.

SilverBullet432
10-21-13, 20:43
That was my first thought.

First rule of standing at attention.

I once stood at attention for 2.5 straight hours when I was in JROTC in high school. We had 2 faint, both girls.

Koshinn
10-21-13, 22:32
I once stood at attention for 2.5 straight hours when I was in JROTC in high school. We had 2 faint, both girls.

That's not bad at all. At a change of command maybe 4 months ago, we had like 30 people on standby to take over for people who feinted. Someone would fall out of the formation (and often literally fall over, sometimes accompanied by vomit) every 30 seconds or so.

We went through all the standbys.

Notable people to pass out include a O-5, a couple O-4s, and a E-8.

Wake27
10-21-13, 22:40

I would bitch so much doing that for JROTC...

SilverBullet432
10-21-13, 23:33
hell it was 6 am too. A group of us volunteered to help out at an air show that weekend. We had to be outside the school in formation, at 6, and we stood there until 8:30 am on a saturday, being yelled at by a soldier who just came back from basic. :sarcastic: He honestly didnt scare me, he was in my face alot though.. lol good times.

ETA: i did enjoy the cadences on the bus ride, and we got to wear BDUs :cool:

but yea, first thing they tought us (other then getting our spacing right) : dont lock your knees, and shine your belt buckle!

glocktogo
10-22-13, 00:02
Looks to me like she just found out what her Obamacare will cost her! :sarcastic:

Koshinn
10-22-13, 00:22
hell it was 6 am too. A group of us volunteered to help out at an air show that weekend. We had to be outside the school in formation, at 6, and we stood there until 8:30 am on a saturday, being yelled at by a soldier who just came back from basic. :sarcastic: He honestly didnt scare me, he was in my face alot though.. lol good times.

ETA: i did enjoy the cadences on the bus ride, and we got to wear BDUs :cool:

but yea, first thing they tought us (other then getting our spacing right) : dont lock your knees, and shine your belt buckle!

Did you just grad from HS?

I learned how to do drill and march in jrotc. Such a useful skill... Made field training (AFROTC thing) even more boring than it already was.

SteyrAUG
10-22-13, 01:15
I don't know what is sadder...

That this was a staged event for political gain or that this was the best they could come up with for a staged event for political gain.

And for them to applaud as if he did something remotely noteworthy just makes it all the worse.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-22-13, 01:37
I passed out...in boot camp...during the final BN Commander Inspection....into the arms of my CO Commander....bad day for me....

SilverBullet432
10-22-13, 07:51
Did you just grad from HS?

I learned how to do drill and march in jrotc. Such a useful skill... Made field training (AFROTC thing) even more boring than it already was.

I graduated 3 years ago, but these events happened nearly 6 years ago. when i was a freshman.

JBecker 72
10-22-13, 08:11
I passed out in basic as well. Face planted right onto the concrete, still have the scar.

tb-av
10-22-13, 08:29
I don't know what is sadder...

That this was a staged event for political gain or that this was the best they could come up with for a staged event for political gain.

And for them to applaud as if he did something remotely noteworthy just makes it all the worse.

It really is. It's perverse.

=====================================

About the fainting....... I have never heard of that..... so if you lock your knees out, you faint? What causes that?

Eurodriver
10-22-13, 09:05
I passed out...in boot camp...during the final BN Commander Inspection....into the arms of my CO Commander....bad day for me....

Wtf, how on earth did that happen? The BN Commander's inspection was pretty quick, IIRC.

I went to Parris Island in June, July, and August. I never fainted, thankfully but I wanted to so many times. I think the burning sweat in my eyes kept me awake.

Side note: We did have a guy shit his pants while on line. Not even a little shart. Straight up turd came out of his green skivvie shorts.

JBecker 72
10-22-13, 09:19
It really is. It's perverse.

=====================================

About the fainting....... I have never heard of that..... so if you lock your knees out, you faint? What causes that?

Yep, I guess when you lock your knees you restrict blood flow somehow and if you do it long enough you pass out. When it happened to me it was about 100* out in July at Ft. Benning and I was dog tired. Luckily I had my ACH on or it would have been much worse.

Koshinn
10-22-13, 09:20

http://www.webmd.com/brain/understanding-fainting-basics

"Fainting may have a variety of causes. A simple episode, also called a vasovagal attack or neurally-mediated syncope, is the most common type of fainting spell. It is most common in children and young adults. A vasovagal attack happens because blood pressure drops, reducing circulation to the brain and causing loss of consciousness. Typically an attack occurs while standing and is frequently preceded by a sensation of warmth, nausea, lightheadedness and visual "grayout."

Most people who suffer from simple fainting have no underlying heart or neurological (nerve or brain) problem."

Locking knees, from some quick research, doesn't seem to be the problem. Standing in one position is. When you move your legs, your muscles apparently pump blood from your legs back into your upper body, but standing still allows blood to "pool" in your legs. If your knees are locked or slightly bent doesn't matter, what matters is being in one position (like the position of attention).

Standing for long periods (aka no water breaks) combined with heat can cause dehydration, which leads to low blood pressure. When you're standing, there's even less blood going to your brain than normal. Also, athletes and people who exercise regularly tend to have lower blood pressure and a slower heart rate than do people who aren't as fit. So, in general, do nonsmokers and people who eat a healthy diet and maintain a normal weight.

In my completely unprofessional opinion, it has nothing to do with locking your knees and everything to do with a combination of dehydration, head elevation, not moving your legs, and exercising regularly. Pregnancy also apparently causes low blood pressure, which is more on topic to the OP.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
10-22-13, 09:37
Wtf, how on earth did that happen? The BN Commander's inspection was pretty quick, IIRC.

I went to Parris Island in June, July, and August. I never fainted, thankfully but I wanted to so many times. I think the burning sweat in my eyes kept me awake.

Side note: We did have a guy shit his pants while on line. Not even a little shart. Straight up turd came out of his green skivvie shorts.

Ours took hours, in the sun, in the pickle suit. I guess my body just said screw it.

NWPilgrim
10-22-13, 10:54
She looks like one of those Fainting Goats (sheep?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGz97dxGHV8

http://t.qkme.me/3ssdbs.jpg
Faint when scared. Maybe she was the smart one, and realized how scary the Petulant Pretender is.

SilverBullet432
10-22-13, 14:26
Ours took hours, in the sun, in the pickle suit. I guess my body just said screw it.

ahhh those pickle suits :D good times, good times. I seriously think that if I didnt get my GF in 10th grade (we're still together ) , I'd be a major league door kicker by now.