PDA

View Full Version : Federal Duck Stamp

platoonDaddy
10-22-13, 18:53
Is this also happening in your state? My license states I have purchased the Federal Duck Stamp and under that is the start-end date totaling 45 days. Wonder what happens if I don't receive the physical stamp in 45 days. :confused::confused:

Hunters! If you purchased a Federal Duck Stamp today, please note the line item authorization is only valid for 45 days. The valid period is detailed on your license. Within this 45 day period, you will receive a physical stamp from the US Fish and Wildlife Service by mail. Once received, you must sign across the face of the stamp and carry it with you while hunting. For convenience you may affix to the back of your license, or carry in your wallet with your form of identification.

kry226
10-23-13, 07:14
That's a good question, but honestly, I have never failed to receive my stamp, and usually it's closer to 12 days than 45.

The other thing, while not as convenient, is to purchase the stamp at the post office and walk out with it the same day.

But I would pose that question to your state's wildlife officials as well.

platoonDaddy
10-23-13, 08:03
That's a good question, but honestly, I have never failed to receive my stamp, and usually it's closer to 12 days than 45.

The other thing, while not as convenient, is to purchase the stamp at the post office and walk out with it the same day.

But I would pose that question to your state's wildlife officials as well.

Generally do, but clerk informed me that all could be purchased at once. Then I learned about the 45 day wait, oh well.

Heading to NJ to hunt waterfowl with grandson, will call them and see if they will honor the line-item authorization for the federal stamp.

kry226
10-23-13, 14:33
Generally do, but clerk informed me that all could be purchased at once. Then I learned about the 45 day wait, oh well.

Heading to NJ to hunt waterfowl with grandson, will call them and see if they will honor the line-item authorization for the federal stamp.

Good luck to you. Have a good trip.