PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Micro H-1 ?

redsnake
10-24-13, 14:26
I tried searching for this but couldn't find a related topic.

I recently purchased a used Aimpoint Micro H-1 (very lightly used) for my recent Noveske AR build. This is my 1st experience w/ Aimpoint and I have a question.

I've had an Eotech on one of my other AR's for a while and although it's been a good unit, I wanted to give Aimtech a try due to reputation and the crazy good battery life. (Battery life's been the only negative I can say about Eotech in my experience).

My ?

When I look through the H-1 I can see the red coating that's on the front of the lens. It appears to be a bit of a 1/2 circle, top left and only while looking inside. When looking out the window the red is gone. This is also while I'm holding the optic and it's NOT yet mounted on my rifle. Is this normal? I may not even notice this once it's mounted and I'm only using it on the AR, but just wanted to get some opinions of those who've had more experience w/these optics than myself.

FeltaDorce
10-24-13, 15:05
Completely normal. This is an internal reflection. My bet is that once mounted on the tool, and viewed from a proper eye-relief distance under proper lighting you won't see it anymore.

redsnake
10-24-13, 15:29
Thanks. That's what I assumed, but wanted to get confirmation.

Voodoo_Man
10-24-13, 15:44
Assuming you are talking about this?

http://i.imgur.com/ZTqxb.jpg

Yes that is the anti-reflective coating.

redsnake
10-24-13, 15:48
Yes and no...

I'm referring to looking through the reticle like you were shooting a target. I do believe it's the anti-reflective coating I'm seeing, but it falls in line w/the other poster in that it's likely a reflection that I won't see once the H1 is mounted and on the AR.

BTW, what mount is that on your Aimpoint?

Voodoo_Man
10-24-13, 16:20
It most likely is a reflection.

Mount is a Larue 751.

http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2012/12/aimpoint-h1-on-larue-751.html

Hmac
10-24-13, 17:46
Completely normal. This is an internal reflection. My bet is that once mounted on the tool, and viewed from a proper eye-relief distance under proper lighting you won't see it anymore.

My T-1 has always had occasionally annoying internal reflections in some lighting conditions, viewing while mounted.

Ready.Fire.Aim
11-17-13, 21:26
Buy H1 with confidence. I have seven of them, my standardized optic. The effect will go away when mounted and you are looking straight though it at the proper distance.

redsnake
11-17-13, 21:36
So, have either or both of you got it mounted and viewed through yet? Just curious to see if you still have the issue.

I have mine mounted w/a Larue mount and it looks great! It must have been due to me holding it in my hand vs having it mounted.

Now I'm wanting another for a new build I'm doing. :)