PDA

View Full Version : Geissele G2S - WOW!

Fuzzy-Reticle
10-25-13, 16:36
I finally got around to purchasing and installing a Geissele G2S in my Noveske Gen 2 lower. I have a BCM mid length upper riding it. I installed and took it to the range today.

WOW!:D Shooting AR's just get even more fun if that is even possible.

What have I been waiting for all this time I do not know.

Performed as advertised and my grouping improved noticeably.

Needless to say each of my rifles will be sporting Geissele triggers very soon.

Ratfink
10-25-13, 17:02
Yep once you buy one you gotta buy more so everything has them, kind of a sickness or an itch you can't scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

obed_ned
10-27-13, 22:51
What he said- they're sweet!

AMT7
10-27-13, 22:55
How much did you spend?

obed_ned
10-28-13, 00:01
G2S for a BM Magpul lower, full Colt 14.5 upper FF rail.
SSA-E for 6920 16" FF rail.
SSA-E for DPMS 16" 22LR (waned to match the Colt weight, function,etc)
Altogether about $700 .

Many people are going to say 'Why the F did u spend so much on triggers?

Shoot 'em and u'll know, too.

letterQ
10-28-13, 02:45
What are the main differences you noticed over a stock trigger?

Wondering if I should put one on the sw.

Koshinn
10-28-13, 03:09
What are the main differences you noticed over a stock trigger?

Wondering if I should put one on the sw.

Stock trigger is heavier, grittier (until it's worn in), and single stage.

The G2S has a lighter pull, crisper trigger break, smoother travel, and is two stage.

Night and day difference between a G2S and a GI semi-auto trigger.

letterQ
10-28-13, 04:05
Is reliability the same or better?

I would obviously like to add a better trigger to my colt le6920 as well, but I sort of bought a colt to have a colt. so I lean away from modifications.

Ken Fortunato
10-28-13, 04:57
I just bought an SSA-E for my Colt 6920 SOCOM. It came with a Mil Spec single stage FCG that I absolutely hated...

I ordered mine directly from Geissele and I have to say, their customer service is second to NONE!!! I placed the order late in the day and it shipped about an hour after that. It arrived the next day, with standard UPS ground shipping. It even came with a Geissele baseball cap, a few stickers and a couple of patches.

This is, without a doubt, the best $230.00 that you can spend to upgrade your weapon...

Lovin' it!!!

Kenny

P.S. I'm a long time lurker, but a new member. Nice to be here. Great forum...

Ken Fortunato
10-28-13, 05:12
Is reliability the same or better?

I would obviously like to add a better trigger to my colt le6920 as well, but I sort of bought a colt to have a colt. so I lean away from modifications.

Reliability is better...

While it's technically a "modification", in reality it's just a drop in upgrade. Literally, 2 pins and about a minute and a half to install...

Go for it! You'll be glad you did...

letterQ
10-28-13, 05:20
Reliability is better...

While it's technically a "modification", in reality it's just a drop in upgrade. Literally, 2 pins and about a minute and a half to install...

Go for it! You'll be glad you did...

Which model is the flagship?

Ken Fortunato
10-28-13, 05:32

It depends, I suppose...

The SSA is probably the most popular. The SSA-E has a lighter trigger pull, but that could be a disadvantage to somebody looking for a CQB type weapon, who also happens to have a panicky trigger finger. It really would depend on what kind of shooting you do, your skill level, etc...

Kenny

letterQ
10-28-13, 07:45
looking for one that is close combat oriented for the rifle I am currently modifying.

I am known to like a bit of a heavier trigger pull though.

CoryCop25
10-28-13, 08:01

The SSA is the semi auto version of the SSF which was designed for SOCCOM. The SSA fits your needs as you describe.

Ken Fortunato
10-28-13, 08:04
The SSA is the semi auto version of the SSF which was designed for SOCCOM. The SSA fits your needs as you describe.

I would say so...

looking for one that is close combat oriented for the rifle I am currently modifying.

Check out this video from Bill Geissele himself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypb5HXdDJhc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUW0BEHw59yasxztkWlzJ3wQ

DS-11B
10-28-13, 10:23
G2S for a BM Magpul lower, full Colt 14.5 upper FF rail.
SSA-E for 6920 16" FF rail.
SSA-E for DPMS 16" 22LR (waned to match the Colt weight, function,etc)
Altogether about $700 .

Many people are going to say 'Why the F did u spend so much on triggers?

Shoot 'em and u'll know, too.

Hi-Speed Match for my match AR
SD3G for my light set up AR
SD3G for my AR pistol (Form 1 sent month and a half ago)

Yeah I've got about 750 invested in triggers as well lol :D

Rayrevolver
10-28-13, 11:22

I took a chance on the Super Dynamic Combat (SD-C). Its the 2 stage model with a flat trigger. Something like 5 lbs per Geissele and the heaviest of the SD triggers.

I wish I bought 4 of them when they were on sale at Midway for $170.

WS6
10-28-13, 12:30
I've been dumping my SSA's for Super-V's lately. Geissele makes an awesome trigger, whatever the flavor!

RWH24
10-28-13, 14:34
What about the TRACON trigger?

ops144
10-28-13, 14:41
I just dropped a SSA in my DDM4v3 and I have to agree

I was impressed to say the least. Also put in 2 AGL act triggers in my
S&W 15/22 and my pk firearms/armalite beast and was impressed over stock triggers that I have been shooting for years.

obed_ned
10-28-13, 17:15
Customer service, triggers that meet the needs of just about everybody ( if you can't find a Geissele for your application call them and they will hook you up}, reliable, sweet triggers that make you smile when shooting them.

2-stage take-up is smoooooth, trigger break is so crisp you don't even feel it- the round just goes downrange.

Not cheap- but worth every penny.

Get an AR with a quality barrel, a quality CBG, and after that- a Geissele.

Fuzzy-Reticle
10-28-13, 20:25
I got it for $180ish OTD locally. I know I can get them for $165 online but whatever.

What I noticed between this trigger and the milspec trigger in my 6920 is the smoothness of the G2S. No grit at all. Just a super smooth pull. The first stage is like butter then then the second stage breaks very crisp and again without any grit. They say like a carrot but to me that sounds like there might be some effort to make it break but I cant say that I feel that at all. The second stage broke like a candy cane but that is my perception, YMMV.

The first several rounds were very much a surprise when the trigger broke and the rifle fired until I got use to where and when it would let off.

I took it out again on Sunday while the Broncos were playing hoping that the range would be less crowded and ran some more rounds through it.

Same great results and if anything it feels even better.

I actually installed it my lower while I was on a conference call for work while at home on Friday. It was not exactly a drop in job but still pretty easy. The tricky bit was getting the holes lined up on the hammer, especially the last one past that ring that holds the pin in place on this trigger. Other than that no problems.

azngotskills
10-28-13, 21:58
Nice pick up man, I plan to install a SD-E in my build. I shot my friends SSA-E but thought a flat trigger would feel better. I have a flat trigger in my 1911 that I love, more consistent trigger pull

Mbmadness
10-29-13, 06:00
Are the geissele triggers tuff , and reliable ? Sold my RRA and got a DDm4v5 on the way . I have heard it takes a few shots to break in a DD trigger . Thanx

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

WS6
10-29-13, 06:16
Are the geissele triggers tuff , and reliable ? Sold my RRA and got a DDm4v5 on the way . I have heard it takes a few shots to break in a DD trigger . Thanx

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Yes, they are good to go. You will wear many barrels out before a Geissele trigger takes a dump. I have literally NEVER EVER heard of a Geissele trigger taking a dump. I hate to admit this, but I've been cruising M4C,Lightfighter,AR15.com, and many more for years, and I have never seen post 1 about "My Geissele broke..."

Can it happen? Sure. Sure can. You could also win the lottery the same day and replace it without worry.

TMS951
10-29-13, 08:12
Is there any reason to buy the SSA over the G2S?

On the Geissele web page it says they are about the same with only a slight difference in the way hammer pin is held in.

I have a SSA and a SSA-E, but I need a few more triggers. The 45$ saving is very enticing to me, but if the G2S does everything the SSA does why buy an SSA?

WS6
10-29-13, 08:58
I'm curious why the 2-stage Geissele triggers are so popular and the single-stage offerings, not so much. With pistols, it seems "single-stage" (read: 1911/very short and crisp) is the way people tend to lean, while in a rifle, a long trigger pull seems popular? I notice that at least I feel a lot faster doing VTAC 1-5 type drills with a single-stage trigger. Maybe I need to shoot more.

Ken Fortunato
10-29-13, 10:14
...while in a rifle, a long trigger pull seems popular?

Can't speak for all Geissele triggers, but the SSA-E is not a long pull by any standard. In fact, the first stage to the wall feels like a sixteenth of an inch. From there, squeezing through the wall will yield a crisp break before you'd expect it...

Not sure if the SSA is less crisp, or "carrot like" as Bill Geissele describes, but the SSA-E breaks like a glass rod, to me, which I like!!!

WS6
10-29-13, 11:09
Can't speak for all Geissele triggers, but the SSA-E is not a long pull by any standard. In fact, the first stage to the wall feels like a sixteenth of an inch. From there, squeezing through the wall will yield a crisp break before you'd expect it...

Not sure if the SSA is less crisp, or "carrot like" as Bill Geissele describes, but the SSA-E breaks like a glass rod, to me, which I like!!!

I'm just comparing my SSA to my single-stage Geissele triggers, and it feels like about 1/3 more travel. I just prefer single stage, I guess, is what it boils down to.

Ken Fortunato
10-29-13, 13:46
I'm just comparing my SSA to my single-stage Geissele triggers...

That's a comparison that I'd like to try... Seriously...

The only point of reference I have on my current Colt, is the stock Mil Spec unit, which is admittedly no comparison.

WS6
10-29-13, 20:43
That's a comparison that I'd like to try... Seriously...

The only point of reference I have on my current Colt, is the stock Mil Spec unit, which is admittedly no comparison.

I just feel a lot faster with the single-stage. Kyle Lamb recommended a single stage to the point that he got Bill Geissele to make one just for him. So I use it. I like it. It works.

Fuzzy-Reticle
10-29-13, 20:50
Is there any reason to buy the SSA over the G2S?

On the Geissele web page it says they are about the same with only a slight difference in the way hammer pin is held in.

I have a SSA and a SSA-E, but I need a few more triggers. The 45$ saving is very enticing to me, but if the G2S does everything the SSA does why buy an SSA?

I can see maybe why the SSA and -E are $45ish+ more expensive. The pin for the hammer uses a little coil clip thingymajig that keeps the pin from walking out. The SSA and -E do not need this and the pin is help in place by the hammer spring I believe.

Some differences in how they inspect the triggers. I think everything but the G2S are all checked individually (every single one of them) while the G2S are spot checked.

I think that is the differences but not 100% sure.

I would spend the $45ish+ the next time for sure and not thing twice about it. Just skip eating out for a couple of days at work is all.