PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Foregrip?

Jon G23
09-07-06, 21:38
I see So many of these super looking M4's with the vertical foregrips. What is the benefit to this type foregrip vs. the regular foregrip? Can it be used for more than pray-n-spray?? Is it just a way to hold for rapid fire or is there a real good benefit for all types of uses? I'm not a troll... just new to AR's and wonder why the large amount of these grips on so many rifles now.

Thanks guys! Great site!

Steve
09-07-06, 21:47
The grip as actually been aroud for a long time the tommy gun and some bars had them as well..........

I find i have better control accuracy using proper grip and tenison
i also find iam able to shoot on the move better and tracking of lateral moving targets it allows a proper ringing out the towel grip.......

AMMOTECH
09-10-06, 12:23
"Can it be used for more than pray-n-spray??" DUDE!!! :mad:

More control during "AIMED" fire, better control during transistions and you can use it to help thrust the weapon into someone if needed.

Hoplophile
09-10-06, 13:17
It provides a much more comfortable grip angle so there is much less stress on the support wrist. That reduces fatigue and allows me to stay accurate longer. It also makes a decent monopod for supported shooting and provides a better grip angle for using a weapon mounted light.

Cold Zero
09-10-06, 13:50
for me, the vertical grip allows me to more firmly bring the weapon into my shoulder pocket and reduces strain on my support side wrist. y.m.m.v.

Jon G23
09-10-06, 14:04
Thanks guys! I will give one of these a try when I get my AR! I appreciate the answers. It seems these grips will be helpful in several ways! I just never tried a forend grip like that.

Take care!

Jon