PDA

View Full Version : Remington Model Seven Youth in .308?

rob_s
05-02-08, 12:11
Remington's Model Seven Youth (http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/youth/model_seven_youth_specs.asp) looks about perfect to me, but it isn't listed as being available in .308 and a quick search of gunsamerica turns up nothing.

Anyone know if this is an oversight or maybe something that was available in past years but not now?

RyanB
05-02-08, 14:17
Have you checked out the Kimber Montanas? The barrel needs to be shortened but other than that it looks to be a better weapon.

SHIVAN
05-02-08, 14:22
Not sure where to find one, but are you sure about that LOP?? Seems like a scope bite waiting to happen...

rob_s
05-02-08, 14:24
Not sure where to find one, but are you sure about that LOP?? Seems like a scope bite waiting to happen...

I'd rather add than cut, and will likely add some kind of pad at least.

R Moran
05-03-08, 07:36
Rob,
The ADL used to be available in a youth model in 308. I passed on one a gunshow years back, and kinda regret it now.

They had the older model with the blind mag, and the newer with the new style stock and hinged floorplate. I know I saw one on GunBroker not to long ago.

Other then that it may be cheaper to buy and ADL in 308, and cut the barrel and stock. Some of the synthetic stocks have enough meat in them to do so.

Bob

rob_s
05-03-08, 07:39
As usual, this whole thing is becoming a set of compromises. I think I'll start a new thread and list what I'm looking for and see what pops up.

Jester
05-10-08, 09:05
Pick up the cheap .243 and change out the barrel, still a really cheap rifle

rhino
05-10-08, 10:45
Remington's Model Seven Youth (http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/youth/model_seven_youth_specs.asp) looks about perfect to me, but it isn't listed as being available in .308 and a quick search of gunsamerica turns up nothing.

Anyone know if this is an oversight or maybe something that was available in past years but not now?

Maybe it's not availabe in .308 because recoil would be a bit much for most youths?

In any case, if you're looking for something that size, a Ruger M77 MkII Compact will fit the bill. They are brutal to shoot from prone or any kind of position where your body can't move easily, though, so you might consider a suppressor or a muzzle brake. I'm getting mine threaded soon.

Dave L.
05-17-08, 15:01
I bought my brother a Model 7 in 7mm-08. That gun is bad-ass. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be chambered in .308 though...

R Moran
05-17-08, 16:17
The model 7 is, the youth model is no longer chambered in .308, apparently.

Now you got me looking for one, Rob, and I have no use for it.

Bob

chiz45
05-25-08, 11:48
I stupidly sold a .308 18.5" barreled Remy 788 several years ago. These things turn up now and again. How about that for an option? :D

signalzero
06-06-08, 00:08
Although not cataloged, the Remington 700 SPS Youth can be found in .308 Win. I recently bought mine through Gun Broker.com I am waiting on the scope I ordered. When it is mounted I will post pics.