PDA

View Full Version : installing Troy Battlerail on a Rock River Arms Elite Operator 2

pauljw32
10-27-13, 12:30
Ok guys so here is my question. I have a RRA Elite Operator 2 and I want to install a Try Alpha Battlerail on it and I need some input as I am a novice when it comes to disassembling all the parts and pieces of an AR. I know that on the EO2 its gas block has an integrated flip up sight on it and that it will need to be replaced with a low profile gas block. My question is, is there anyone out there with a RRA EO2 that has put a Troy Alpha Battlerail on their rifle and can you tell me what kind of gas block you used that worked. Thanks guys!

TacticalMark
10-27-13, 13:06
I don't own a RRA, however I've installed a few Battlerail's and a standard low pro gas block will fit. https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2957 or https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3300. You will also need to remove the delta ring and reinstall your barrel nut. Or you could carefully cut the delta ring off with a dremel.

Iraqgunz
10-27-13, 14:39
Is there a reason why you don't seek some competent person in your area to either assist or do the work for you?

Do you know how to align the gas block? Do you have the right tools to secure the upper? Do you have a barrel wrench? Are you going to dimple the barrel, etc...

pauljw32
10-27-13, 15:41
Mark..thanks for the input, I've been reading some reviews of certain lowpro gas blocks and some have said they didnt work with a battle rail and I just wanted to be sure I bought the right one as they are not cheap...those DD look good and I can't find a bad review for them....
Iraqgunz....i may be a novice now but there is only one way to learn and that's to do it yourself, I do have a friend who is going to help me who is pretty knowledgeable about it so I dont destroy the rifle. I do appreciate your concern, but I have done some research on how to do this and its pretty straight forward.

GH41
10-27-13, 18:50
You might be able to remove the sight blade and put a grinder to you existing RRA block. The Alpha rail uses the stock barrel nut. GH