PDA

View Full Version : RRA AR for Yugo Pistol?

HeliPilot
10-29-13, 14:57
Ok so here's the deal, the first AR I bought was a RRA Tactical CAR A4 back in '09. I have since learned better and own a BCM/Noveske hybrid. I'm trying to sell my RRA but no one seems to want it. I originally wanted to fund ammo for my BCM but I've started to consider trades.

So tell me your opinions on trading my stock RRA for a Yugo pistol with a MI rail, CNC Warrior flash/comp, hogue grip, and sling mount and sling, and with either 100 rounds and 3 mags or 200 rounds and 2 mags.

I don't really need the Yugo but it would be a fun gun IMO. So should I hold out and try and sell to buy ammo or trade for the Yugo with goodies? Thanks for the input.

RHINOWSO
10-29-13, 15:32
Meh, I vote no. Trading a gun you don't want for one with no practical use, in a different caliber.

NC_DAVE
10-29-13, 17:02
That is going to be completely up to you. It could make a nice SBR later but be for warned of the horror if getting into new calibers. It can get expensive quick.

Me personally I would because I want one! But if you only have one AR that changes things. Even if it is a RRA I like having a back up.

Given what you have posted I would say no. Unless you really change your mind and decide you want it.

KalashniKEV
10-29-13, 18:38
1) You missed out BIG TIME on offloading all your take-off uppers and econo-spec parts after Sandy Hook.

2) Yes. I would make the trade and drop an SBR stamp immediately. The wait doesn't get any shorter if you're not in line.

3) If you're not going to drop a stamp, then don't do it. Unstocked SBR "Pistols" are idiotic and useless.

lunchbox
10-29-13, 19:51
Bought Draco pistol with intent of SBRing, and was nice range toy till stamp arrived. With stamp, it made me fall in love with AK's all over again.

Bret
10-29-13, 20:12
The OP didn't say, but the Yugo pistol could be chambered in 5.56. I have one that is. It's an M85, has an RPK trunnion & receiver and is heavier than the 7.62x39 chambered M92. My plan is to SBR the M85, but I have not got around to getting the buttstock yet.

I have a RRA (in 9mm) and have been perfectly pleased with it. I bought it over a Colt because Colt didn't offer an SBR. From a functional standpoint, I'd keep the RRA as a backup. If you just don't like the sight of the RRA, then the Yugo pistol is fun. From a value standpoint, I think you're on the short end of the deal if you do make the trade.