PDA

View Full Version : M1A scout squad/compM4s mounting ?

cpoth
10-29-13, 20:19
As the subject suggests I've currently got a Springfield M1A scout squad rifle. I have the intention of mounting an Aimpoint CompM4 or CompM4s via an Ultimak rail. I would like to mount the optic closer to the receiver without covering the ejection port area. I am not planning on this rifle to be used as a precision rifle.

I did not purchase the rifle because I wanted to use a scout scope, I like the idea of an 18" barrel because I find it handier and better balanced. I removed and sold the stock scout mount on the rifle a few years ago when I had a CompML3 mounted because I did not like how it made the rifle seem unbalanced. I have also since sold the ML3 a year or so ago.

I am thinking it would be best for me to purchase the CompM4s in a LaRue mount (HK height). I am open to advice, after forum and internet research I have only been able to find an unsuccessful attempt at this using the CompM4s with stock low mount and Ultimak (TOS thread and pics). In this case the nut from the mount did not clear the side of the rail.

Thanks for any input and/or help. Please feel free to critique the idea, the setup, rationale etc.

cpoth