PDA

View Full Version : 3X Colt scope replica?

halfmoonclip
10-29-13, 21:01
Did a search to no good purpose.
Is anyone offering a halfway decent carryhandle scope, particularly one modeled on the original?
Thnx,
Moon

Army Chief
10-29-13, 21:20
You could debate at some length how decent the original Colt unit was (I had one, which was fine for my purposes at the time), but I certainly wouldn't be expecting much from a replica, unless someone perhaps tried to build a premium product in the same basic form factor. If so, I have never heard of it, myself; especially since the original glass wasn't particularly expensive (or high-grade) in the first place.

Are the old Colt units impossible to find now, or something?

AC

Bigun
11-25-13, 18:12
For a long time Tasco was making a copy that was about equal to the original, Also heard they were the original manufacturer of the Colt branded scopes so that makes sense.

IBMer
01-22-14, 20:36
Did a search to no good purpose.
Is anyone offering a halfway decent carryhandle scope, particularly one modeled on the original?
Thnx,
Moon
JG Sales.com has a nice retro looking scope for $39.95 part number 6-11

alexwpilot
02-01-14, 12:43
C-More made the original Carry Handle Scopes, the optics were made in Japan for Colt. I have one of the later models that comes in the Blue Plastic box, Colt and C-More marked. Does not have the Leather scope covers. PM or email me if you want it, otherwise I'll be posting it for sale soon.

IBMer
02-01-14, 22:41
I will PM you soon. I was not actually looking for one myself.
IBMer

Jefe73
04-10-14, 10:12
Barska? Russian maker. Way I remember, pretty inexpensive.