PDA

View Full Version : We got notified today EO Tech discontinuing their Insight Branded Weapon Lights

Victor
10-29-13, 21:14
Thought we should post this.

This letter is to inform your company that EOTech is discontinuing the distribution of its line of Insight branded weapon lights. The discontinuation will include all models and sku's, including the following family of lights: M3, M3X, M6, M6X, X2, X2L, WL1 and WMX200. The IFL (Integrated Fore-end Light) remains strongly positioned in its category and will continue unaffected by this announcement. The effective date of this change will be January 1st, 2014.

The decision to exit this business was due to the industry trend in this product category for low cost, foreign made devices. As EOTech product always has, and will continue to be built in the USA, the decision was made to exit this business and focus on the core product line and on our operations here in the USA.

Edit, FYI... all warranties will still be covered.

Vic Di Cosola

JohnnyC
10-30-13, 04:38
Did anybody really use any of those anymore to begin with? I feel like it's neither a big loss to the consumer nor L3.

ra2bach
10-30-13, 11:07
that's a shame. they use independent paddles so, other than Surefire, I'm not aware who makes a pistol light that's ambidextrous...

jandbj
10-30-13, 13:05
that's a shame. they use independent paddles so, other than Surefire, I'm not aware who makes a pistol light that's ambidextrous...

Inforce APL?

coastwatcher42
11-02-13, 02:47
Soldier Systems has reported that, since the memo about discontinuing the lights went out, Insight has changed its mind and will continue production.

http://soldiersystems.net/page4/

Armati
11-22-13, 22:04
I am personally a big fan of Insight products. The problem Insight had/has is they have never had very good marketing, distribution, or availability. Nothing like Surefire. None the less, I think Insight was a better company before L3 bought it. If L3 is finding Insight to be such a burden maybe they should spin it off back to an independent company?