PDA

View Full Version : J&T

ghostface
05-03-08, 13:14
Has anybody ordered a upper reciever from J&T distributing? If so is it good quality or does it suck.

ROBZ71LM7
05-03-08, 15:47
Years ago, before I knew better I bought a couple of J&T kits. The lower parts kit on one had over 5 parts that were mismachined and would not work. One of the uppers required me to almost run out of windage to zero. I also had significant gas leaks around the FSB, incorrect buffer spring, improperly staked carrier. I' rank them on par with any third teir manufacturer. You might as well pony up and buy a nice upper-it's a minor cost compared to the ammunition nowadays.

DM-SC
05-03-08, 22:37
I had a J&T Kit plinker a while back. It ran fine. Wouldn't bet my life on it with out using a few upgraded parts, however.

sonrider657
05-04-08, 20:38
J&T is the distributing wing of DoubleStar (http://www.Star15.com). I have a DoubleStar M4gery and have had absolutely no problems with it.

wezalsgunsupply
05-04-08, 22:50
I saw two kits here in the last week. They were both stainless heavies. They didnt seem to be badly built. For the money I guess it was a decent buy. In the mid 500 range. But took them a long time to get to them. Some of the parts seemed really cheap. The A2 stocks were the cheap non mil spec. You could squeeze them and feel that they are hollow. Some of the other parts were cheap as well. But its a kit gun, what else do you really expect. As for kit guns Del Ton seems to be some of the better Ive seen. They are assembled well and parts dont seem to be cheap yard sale rejects. They got most all the extras you could want as well. Most of their standard kits run in the 400 range on up. Id look into them.

Parabellum9x19mm
05-05-08, 03:53
POST DELETED

(sorry i thought you asked about lowers, not uppers....i cant read well in the morning)