PDA

View Full Version : My new AR (second try at posting)

UpNorthWolf
05-03-08, 13:15
Hopefully this one has a better image attached.

Started with an ADS Mod I, but swapped a green ADS lower and add ons to get it started. Still haven't shot it, though :(

Rick

RD62
05-03-08, 15:34
Ahhh....

Much better. Again it looks pretty nice. What rear sight is that?

Now quit posting here and get to the range and put some rounds through it already!

-RD62

SuicideHz
05-03-08, 15:46
YHM I would guess.

UpNorthWolf
05-03-08, 16:16
Yep, YHM sights that witness in the lower third of the M2L.

I'll be bringing it north with me where I have the room to properly work it.

Rick

Thunder25
05-03-08, 16:28
Very Nice AR - CONGRATS!

Is that a Larue FUG?

Thanks, Thunder25

UpNorthWolf
05-03-08, 16:31
Thanks, and yes, it is a LaRue FUG. The light is a Wolf Eyes 6M Explorer. Everything else is pretty clear. I guess I should have posted the 'stats' for those that were interested.

Thunder25
05-03-08, 16:42
I'm looking for a VFG...

Obviously, you like the Larue - Is it worth the $$.

Thanks, Thunder25

UpNorthWolf
05-03-08, 17:06
Well, I do, but I haven't really put it through its paces yet. It is strong (I have carried it around the house by the FUG) and I wanted detatchable (and it locks up firm on the Surefire rail). The different bottoms allow other configs, too, if I decide I want to change it. If I put a laser on later then I'll mount the pressure pad to it. I wish it came in OD, though ;)

Rick

jmart
05-03-08, 17:12
Thanks, and yes, it is a LaRue FUG. The light is a Wolf Eyes 6M Explorer. Everything else is pretty clear. I guess I should have posted the 'stats' for those that were interested.

How do you like the light?

UpNorthWolf
05-03-08, 17:17
I really like the light. I have 15 acres surrounded by a neighbor's 65 and 80 state across the road. Gets dark around the house :) It's a bright, white beam (100 lumens advertised) that reaches out nicely and the pressure pad is easy to operate. I bought mine with the LithIon charger and may pick up another Wolf Eyes model for carrying in my new man purse ;)

Rick

jmart
05-03-08, 17:51
So you have the Xenon model.

They also offer curent generation Cree LEDs which pump out over 250 lumens from this same platform. Not sure if you can buy an update kit ot not, but something to look into if you ever get interetsed in LEDs.

I need to pick up a light at some point.

UpNorthWolf
05-03-08, 19:32
Okay, you talked me into it. I just ordered a Wolf Eyes M90-13v Rattlesnake rechargable and an extra bulb. :)

jmart
05-03-08, 19:59
Okay, you talked me into it. I just ordered a Wolf Eyes M90-13v Rattlesnake rechargable and an extra bulb. :)

Damn! Hope you didn't interpret that as a dis on your current Xenon outfit, I've just had my eyes on these for awhile and have admired their specs. Actually, I marvel at them. The new generation Crees up the lumen ante quite a bit over 1st generation units. Hope you like it. Definitely post a review after you get it.