PDA

View Full Version : Beware of the White Male Club!

platoonDaddy
10-31-13, 14:39
Friggin PC crowd running the Pentagon!

TODD STARNES' AMERICAN DISPATCH: Controversial manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers — and obtained exclusively by Fox News — teaches that 'healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian' men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns about a so-called 'White Male Club.'

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/10/31/pentagon-training-manual-white-males-have-unfair-advantages/

Watrdawg
10-31-13, 14:46
I read bits and pieces of that earlier. Amazing how the liberal POV has infected the military so much.

skydivr
10-31-13, 15:30
Whose the racist again? I have a hard time remembering....

a1fabweld
10-31-13, 15:35
Damn. I guess I'm going to have a talk with junior tonight & inform him he's the enemy. He's white, healthy, we're bringing him up as a Christian, & he makes a lot of "Pajina" jokes so I'll assume he straight. He sure is going to be disappointed. :D

PS: FK these bleeding heart douchebags & everything they stand for.

lunchbox
10-31-13, 15:35
Hell ya I'm member of WMC club, so when do we start getting free sh!t? When do these "unfair advantages" benefits kick in??

SteyrAUG
10-31-13, 15:58
Funny I don't remember getting my 'healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian' men "unfair advantage" check in the mail.

platoonDaddy
10-31-13, 16:00
For sure, I am zero tolerant of all this PC bullshit! I see this as an assault on our country and its core values. The obama groupies are certainly making extraordinary abuses of power look norm.

As an oldMan, my final curtain call is drawing oh-so close, I am not worried about my exit, but what my grandchildren and history will report about my beloved country.

Love my country dearly and fear my government.

Honu
10-31-13, 16:11
from the other locked thread some here think white christians are the problem and are more dangerous than muslims !

that is how much infiltration has happened on youth
and sadly many are so stupid they buying it hook line and sinker !

even press Bush would say islam is the religion of peace ! he was pushed into this crap and sadly said it while fighting them after they killed thousands of our people ! and enslaving us in the early days of our country and waging war on Christians and Jews saying they will kill us all or enslave us since before we were a country and even now people say oh they are peaceful !

http://allenbwest.com/2013/10/alarming-video-muslims-define/

skydivr
10-31-13, 16:54
Do we get a patch or something?

williejc
10-31-13, 17:12
Unless you work a government job, then you may have missed a full dose of this crap. I sat through untold hours of it(though never this virulent)for decades. One employer had a re-education program for offenders and changed the name after somebody pointed out that communist countries already had dibbs on this term. Anybody here ever heard of a growth plan?

If you ask the wrong questions(any questions?), your employer may take punitive action. Now I'm going to share a true story. I reported to my high school cafeteria for an inservice program. The topic was "Anal Sex and the Teenager". The program stressed that this way was a serious problem because girls elected to use the process as a birth control method, and it really wasn't a good idea because of aids. I pointed out to the speaker that our county had the 2nd highest teen pregnancy rate in Texas and that our high school had the highest teen pregnancy rate in the county. My question: How can I use this information in my class? I got a royal ass chewing--one of the biggest of my career.

kwelz
10-31-13, 17:36
While it is inarguable that Adult white christian males are going to have a slight advantage in a society where adult white christian males are the majority, this doesn't mean that it is some sort of malicious or even conscious phenomenon. And it sure as hell isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

Moose-Knuckle
10-31-13, 19:41
Do we get a patch or something?

Well I got my secret decoder ring in the mail some time back.

Mauser KAR98K
10-31-13, 20:30
I'm not Christian, so I guess I don't qualify.

(I'm also not healthy, either).:(

SteyrAUG
10-31-13, 21:31
While it is inarguable that Adult white christian males are going to have a slight advantage in a society where adult white christian males are the majority, this doesn't mean that it is some sort of malicious or even conscious phenomenon. And it sure as hell isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

Bullshit. I know I have been passed over for jobs because of my race and I have NEVER gotten a job because of my race. Being white at best does nothing extra for me, several times it was been used against me.

kwelz
10-31-13, 22:38
Bullshit. I know I have been passed over for jobs because of my race and I have NEVER gotten a job because of my race. Being white at best does nothing extra for me, several times it was been used against me.

No doubt it can go both ways. I am not implying that I buy into the whole white privilege bullshit. But you can not deny that there does exist a portion of the population who subconsciously or consciously will give preference to someone of their own race, no matter what that race is.

BoringGuy45
10-31-13, 23:20
I am a white, Christian, heterosexual male from a middle class family (varied growing up between middle and upper middle depending on the economy and its effect on my dad's business). I tried to become a police officer right out of college. I was told with my clean background and college degree, I would be an excellent candidate and would get on immediately. Tried for five years and advanced to just about every stage in various processes from the written test up to final medical exam only to get beat out by other people or get knocked out for various reasons. Was told maybe it wasn't meant to be. So I tried getting into other careers. Again, no luck. Was then told that I did not have the general competence to scratch my balls and breathe at the same time and that the world needed bus boys and fry cooks too, if by some miracle I could manage not to screw that up. It wasn't until 2 months ago that I finally got a full time job. It's a great job and I'm treated well, but it's still $15 an hour and has no benefits as it's a really small business. I'm still driving a dying car and living paycheck to paycheck and relying on the kindness of my parents to help us in emergencies. I'm losing my insurance due to Obamacare, the business I'm working at is slowing to a crawl, and the best help anyone can give me is saying "I'll pray for you," "God must have a plan for you," or "Sucks to be you, bro."

Yeah, my whiteness has been a real privilege. :rolleyes:

SilverBullet432
10-31-13, 23:59
hmm my birth certificate says im white (im hispanic) why dont i get a check.? :rolleyes: ahh damn, must be because im catholic lol. Dont meet all qualifications, damnit. haha Seems immoral that they would be taught that though. no?

SteyrAUG
11-01-13, 01:08
No doubt it can go both ways. I am not implying that I buy into the whole white privilege bullshit. But you can not deny that there does exist a portion of the population who subconsciously or consciously will give preference to someone of their own race, no matter what that race is.

Sure, but that generally means getting hired to pump gas. And jobs in the "real world" sector are typically motivated to hire minorities or worse have an actual racial bias against white people.

The reality is with the exception of trailer parks, racism is more common among minorities than anyone else. Paula Dean loses here job for admitting the use of a word, yet the mayor of New Orleans can make a promise to ensure his city will maintain a racial mandate.

Can you imagine a black celebrity losing their job for admitting to using a negative word for white people? It happens constantly. Can you imagine any mayor of any city stating that his city will maintain it's white majority or monopoly and then keeping his elected position? It would never happen.

GotAmmo
11-01-13, 01:28
Well heck ...this means I should make Master Sergeant after this look

But with my MOS and our demographic, I won't hod my breath

ETA: Now I can understand why I've never see any Caucasian Equal Opportunity Advisers/Reps in my 15 yrs

Honu
11-01-13, 04:15

why would your religion be any part of it ?

lets see you have to hire so many minorities and so many woman and so many others !

you must not be white or christian to have that chip on your pathetic shoulder

Honu
11-01-13, 04:17
when I was in the FD they HAD to hire woman and each one of the could not pass the physical tests ? but they HAD to hire them so some men get left on the curb for a person who was not as good at the job and put our lives on the line !

crusader377
11-01-13, 07:41

I don't think it is any advantage. Being a white Christian male has never gotten me a job, or accepted into school, or has won me a single client in my business.

R/Tdrvr
11-01-13, 08:23
Welcome to the new Amerika where being white, Christian, wealthy or successful in life is a crime. :rolleyes:

Army Chief
11-01-13, 09:18
A fundamentally-flawed article, driven by a dangerously-misguided ideology supporting some of the most idiotic conclusions I've ever seen codified into an EEO document -- even allowing for the fact that most of them tend to be fairly inane to begin with.

American military culture is not defined by race, religion or anything else identified in this article. Yes, there are some common demographic themes, just as there are in every other element of professional society. Yes, there have been recognized challenges associated with identifying, elevating and mentoring some who might otherwise fall outside of some of these norms. To suggest that inherent institutional biases exist, however, or that we should somehow be seeking to advance careers based upon progressive "me" factors (I'm gay, I'm a Pagan, I'm a minority, I'm a woman ...) is to completely invert the model of selfless service and a team-focused ethic.

Adherence to what we used to call traditional values (work hard, meet the standards, be trustworthy, take care of those around you, learn to endure hardship) remain the keys to success in uniform today, just as they have always been. If that comes more naturally to one "group" than to another -- whoever they might be -- should be be at all surprised when they succeed in an organization that potentially asks so much of those who would aspire to serve at all?

AC

DragonDoc
11-01-13, 09:25
I thought we were all members of that club. Every positive action that happened to me during my career was due to my abilities. Every negative was due to a failing on my part. Race never came into play. The only unfair advantage I saw was for member of the Audie Murphy Club. You get into that club as a SSG medical NCO and you were guaranteed promotion to MSG.

Army Chief
11-01-13, 09:37
I thought we were all members of that club. Every positive action that happened to me during my career was due to my abilities. Every negative was due to a failing on my part.

Thank you.

AC

SteyrAUG
11-01-13, 16:13
A fundamentally-flawed article, driven by a dangerously-misguided ideology supporting some of the most idiotic conclusions I've ever seen codified into an EEO document -- even allowing for the fact that most of them tend to be fairly inane to begin with.

American military culture is not defined by race, religion or anything else identified in this article. Yes, there are some common demographic themes, just as there are in every other element of professional society. Yes, there have been recognized challenges associated with identifying, elevating and mentoring some who might otherwise fall outside of some of these norms. To suggest that inherent institutional biases exist, however, or that we should somehow be seeking to advance careers based upon progressive "me" factors (I'm gay, I'm a Pagan, I'm a minority, I'm a woman ...) is to completely invert the model of selfless service and a team-focused ethic.

Adherence to what we used to call traditional values (work hard, meet the standards, be trustworthy, take care of those around you, learn to endure hardship) remain the keys to success in uniform today, just as they have always been. If that comes more naturally to one "group" than to another -- whoever they might be -- should be be at all surprised when they succeed in an organization that potentially asks so much of those who would aspire to serve at all?

AC

Saved me some typing. And get out of my head.

Perhaps if everyone took all the effort and energy they put into their status as a gay person, minority, obscure religious practice and focused on simply being a decent person regardless of sexual preference, skin pigment or personal beliefs we wouldn't have to even worry about things like sexual preference, skin pigment or personal beliefs.

Spiffums
11-01-13, 19:30
Friggin PC crowd running the Pentagon!

teaches that 'healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian' men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns about a so-called 'White Male Club.'

Gonna head out and find me a hot straight gun loving woman and get her to "pop my pmag cover"!

GotAmmo
11-02-13, 05:50
The only unfair advantage I saw was for member of the Audie Murphy Club.

Sadly in my Branch (MOS not Military), the SAMC has become the new Masons. When attending my Senior Leaders Course last year, the CASCOM CSM stated to the whole NCOA that if you do not join the SAMC, you will not get promoted.

Was such a big deal there, that we took time out of our curriculum to watch the induction ceremony. Was very ethnically leaning to one side if you catch my drift