PDA

View Full Version : Millett DMS-1 Tactical 1-4x24

newbie9mil
05-03-08, 20:19
What do you folks think about the Millett DMS-1 Tactical 1-4x24? It appears to combine the abilities of a CQ sight and a general distance sight. Hopefully, you understand what I explained. Just not sure that I should buy an aimpoint or to purchase the Millett DMS-1 instead. The rifle would be used for target plinking and training.

Thanks for your assistance.

Boomer10
05-03-08, 23:46
If you do a search there are many threads that mention the Millet DMS scope, this is the primary thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=5167.

I have a DMS mounted on a LaRue mount on one of my ARs. It's a nice scope for the money. For CQ I still use an EoTech, but the DMS allows me to get a bit more precise at the medium distances. I plan on buying a second to go on my SOCOM 16.

Sidewinder6
05-04-08, 10:15
I have a DMS, an EO 511, Aimpoints ML2 and H1.

First, the EO is off any of my guns and sitting until I am motivated to either sell it or have it repaired and then sell it. I became unhappy with it shutting off due to battery contact problems when using it to shoot.

I am very happy with my Aimpoints. Both of them function as advertised, reliably and are easy to work with in terms of maintaining zero.

My DMS has been on my high top Colt and as mentioned really improves accuracy at distances beyond 50yds. For that reason, I am considering moving it to my flat top for a while to give it more range time.