PDA

View Full Version : First AR

gguess66
11-01-13, 11:54
I am going to purchase my first AR in the next couple of weeks. I am thinking that if I am going to buy one buy the one I want. So I am looking at the Colt LE6920MOE. Any thoughts?

Hmac
11-01-13, 11:56
Excellent choice. That's what I'd buy for my first AR.

WickedWillis
11-01-13, 11:59
No offense, I will say kinder than it was said to me, use the search button. There are tons of threads already about this topic. Browse through them and read, read, read, read, read, and when you are done reading read some more just in case. It should be able to answer every question you have.

On the topic of the Rifle, Colt is pretty much the Gold standard for "Mil-spec" rifles, and is very highly regarded with serious shooters. It will do everything you need a carbine to do, and will be reliable far longer than you or I will. Excellent 1st choice.

CrazyFingers
11-01-13, 13:55
If all you want is an answer to your question, then "Yes, buy it."
If you want an answer to the better question of "Why this one?", then as WickedWillis said, you need to read more of the stickied threads.
There is a wealth of information here on the various brands of AR-15s, why some are good buys and why some are not.

ucrt
11-01-13, 14:07
I am going to purchase my first AR in the next couple of weeks. I am thinking that if I am going to buy one buy the one I want. So I am looking at the Colt LE6920MOE. Any thoughts?

=================================

For this being your first post, I'd say you have been reading a little. If you would have posted questioning whether to get a DPMS or the Colt, I'd say you were blowing smoke... :)

I wish I had bought a Colt for my 1st AR but ...I didn't.

If you have a "gun selling Wal-Mart" close, you can pick that Colt up for right at $1250 out the door or online for even cheaper.

You won't regret it.

But maybe it's just me...

svtpwnz
11-01-13, 14:08
Hands down the 6920 is very reliable and solid choice for your first AR. As mentioned above, the search feature is your friend when it comes to why it's a solid choice over the BM's, DPMS, Wyndham, RRA, and all the other bottom feeder crap out there.