PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha Drinkin Thread?

C4IGrant
11-02-13, 20:29
Too many Govt/political/cops suck threads. Time for change.

What are you drinking?

Currently, Vodka Martini (dry and dirty) with anchovy stuffed olives.

Next.....

C4

ST911
11-02-13, 20:37
Great Value drink mix, Cherry Pomegranate. On the rocks.

Don Robison
11-02-13, 20:45
I don't usually drink, but a Blue Moon after dinner sounded good tonight.

C4IGrant
11-02-13, 20:50
Great Value drink mix, Cherry Pomegranate. On the rocks.

LOL. I think there is something wrong with you.

C4

Stangman
11-02-13, 20:51
Captn Morgan Private Stock

montanadave
11-02-13, 20:52
Well, I suck.

Ice water with a little leftover Halloween candy while watching the FSU-Miami game.

Hot time in the ol' town tonight! :D

Airhasz
11-02-13, 20:55
Strawberry margaritas and several shots of patron before seeing Bad Grandpa at the theater. Yeah, Bad Grandpa was pretty bad but the alcohol and my dates laughter made it a good night...;)

rushca01
11-02-13, 20:58
Willets bourbon by the fireplace at my cabin.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo356/rushca01/7C5CA91A-4F5E-4721-AADE-586809EBE001-1901-00000198D39FFFC7_zpsea6c34db.jpg

ST911
11-02-13, 21:12
LOL. I think there is something wrong with you. C4

If it helps, it's the kind with antioxidants.

(I'm digging your olives with anchovies though.)

lunchbox
11-02-13, 21:14
Well, I suck.

Ice water with a little leftover Halloween candy while watching the FSU-Miami game.

Hot time in the ol' town tonight! :DMonster drink watching same thing. 21-14 Nols, at the moment.

Iraqgunz
11-02-13, 21:26
Gov't Kool-Aid. When that runs out I drink Ocean Spray Cran-Grape.

Dozer
11-02-13, 21:37
Templeton Rye straight. Good stuff.

Javelin
11-02-13, 21:51
New Castle Werewolf :)

SeriousStudent
11-02-13, 22:03
Ah, it tis' a very good night. I just got home from eating some truly excellent BBQ with some very sharp firearms folks.

So it's my favorite briar pipe with black cherry tobacco, and a glass of Noah's Mill handmade Bourbon from Kentucky.

Delicious!

And I'm ordering a new holster tomorrow. :p

SeriousStudent
11-02-13, 22:07
And Grant, just to show there are a few reasonable folks in General Discussion, here's a GD thread with 620 posts, but no bans or infractions.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=47535

Or maybe there are just a lot of alcoholics that own computers. ;)

Joe R.
11-02-13, 22:11
Coke Zero. This work stuff is getting in the way...

Army Chief
11-02-13, 22:14
San Pellegrino (water). Goes better with the Percocet. ;)

AC

vigilant2
11-02-13, 22:28
Bacardi Long Island Iced Tea Mix with Wray& Nephew Overproof Rum
(170 proof Jamaican White Rum).

SeriousStudent
11-02-13, 22:28
San Pellegrino (water). Goes better with the Percocet. ;)

AC

Have you tried the San Pellegrino orange water, with just a drop of Grenadine syrup in it over ice?

A nurse taught me that a while back, it was an excellent substitute for an alcoholic beverage.

LHS
11-02-13, 22:33
And Grant, just to show there are a few reasonable folks in General Discussion, here's a GD thread with 620 posts, but no bans or infractions.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=47535

Or maybe there are just a lot of alcoholics that own computers. ;)

Still one of the most useful threads ever. :)

SeriousStudent
11-02-13, 22:36
Still one of the most useful threads ever. :)

Best. Thread. Ever. :D

TacMedic556
11-02-13, 22:41
on shift right now.....but the other night I made my:

1.5 oz Roughstock Rye Whiskey
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth
1/2 0z Dry Vermouth
dash of bitters
1 Bada Bing Cherry (the best cherry on earth for a drink)
spoonful of Bada Bing Juices/syrup

My take on a perfect Manhattan!

montanadave
11-02-13, 22:51
on shift right now.....but the other night I made my:

1.5 oz Roughstock Rye Whiskey
1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth
1/2 0z Dry Vermouth
dash of bitters
1 Bada Bing Cherry (the best cherry on earth for a drink)
spoonful of Bada Bing Juices/syrup

My take on a perfect Manhattan!

Back in the day, an older friend (since passed away) threw a party at his cabin every summer. We'd chow down BBQ and drink his special recipe Manhattans (which he dubbed "New Yorkers") while sitting around the bonfire and singing along to the soundtrack of Paint Your Wagon.

Good memories. Here's to you, Twig!

SeriousStudent
11-02-13, 23:06
There's a reason a lot of those classic drinks are, well, classics. The Old-Fashioned and a Manhattan are two faves. But I do love a nice Bloody Mary on a Friday after work.

Tall glass
Ice
Tito's vodka - amount depending on how crappy the week has been, but always frozen
Zing-Zang Bloody Mary mix
Dash of fresh cracked black pepper
Dash of Colgin's Liquid Smoke, mesquite flavor.
Dash of celery salt

P.R.N.

LHS
11-02-13, 23:11
I always enjoyed a dirty martini, so I came up with my own special recipe:

2oz Plymouth gin
1/2oz Lillet Blanc
3 dashes Angustura bitters
1 squirt of lime juice
1 dash of olive brine

garnish with three olives

I call it a "Dirty Headshot"

SeriousStudent
11-02-13, 23:15
I love dirty martini's. The Whole Food's near me lets me have some of the sacred olive juice in a plastic jar, when I buy stuff from the deli.

I got a pretty weird look the first time, but then the guy tried it himself and became a believer.

Ryno12
11-02-13, 23:22
Hmm, let's see... It's usually one of these: Busch Light, Whisky Old Fashioneds or, if it's hot outside, Gin & Tonics.

Sent via Tapatalk

CoryCop25
11-02-13, 23:27
Cranberry Red Bull

misanthropist
11-02-13, 23:32
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/ygyhe3aq.jpg

Jaegermeister at twenty below.

I'm Canadian. I don't just embrace winter. I internalize it.

Flawless, sub-moa fit and finish...all day long.

SeriousStudent
11-02-13, 23:36
Jaegermeister at twenty below.

Interesting, I wonder what that would be like down here in the summer? When it's around 110 degrees?

Oh, and that's not Celsius, but it probably feels the same.

Honu
11-02-13, 23:46
not much of a drinker ? very rare but anything over ten years tawny ports
spiced rum Sailor Jerry ! mixed with things
sometimes girly style :) with banana and orange and pineapple coconut milk all frozen then mixed together blender like a milk shake but with rum :) got to tell ya that is a girly but oh so good island drink on a hot day

when I lived in the Caribbean the one bar used to server bumboo (called a few other things bumbau etc..) try it if you want the original island pirate drink !

misanthropist
11-02-13, 23:53
Interesting, I wonder what that would be like down here in the summer? When it's around 110 degrees?

Oh, and that's not Celsius, but it probably feels the same.

I'll tell you: incredible. I had a bunch while in the desert at nearly that temperature - around 35-40 degrees C - and it was unbelievably good. Searing cold, almost blistering.

After a while it got up to the ambient temperature...fortunately by that time I'd had enough of it that it still seemed great.

og556
11-03-13, 00:20
Wild Turkey 101 straight and shiner octoberfest.

SeriousStudent
11-03-13, 01:02
I'll tell you: incredible. I had a bunch while in the desert at nearly that temperature - around 35-40 degrees C - and it was unbelievably good. Searing cold, almost blistering.

After a while it got up to the ambient temperature...fortunately by that time I'd had enough of it that it still seemed great.

Sweet, I shall remember that during our blistering summer.

And yes, Shiner Oktoberfest is quite tasty.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

3 AE
11-03-13, 01:33
Momokawa Diamond chilled sake, and I'm totally shitfaced. Don't know how much and I don't want to remember what I said or did tonight. Goodnight and thanks for the memories!

Seagunner
11-03-13, 02:00
Stone 22 oz Ruinten IPA 10.8% watchin Eminem on SNL. researching what the greatest generation was doing today. Least we all forget. OK second bottle is working. Appreciate every post Chief, and savoring a 4 oz taste
http://ww2today.com/1st-november-1943-moving-forward-to-the-front-line-in-italy

57 min to go b4 fall back.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-03-13, 02:37
Cucumber Cocktails:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/cucumber-cocktail-recipe/index.html

Now if only I could make a good Hemingway Daiquiri....

Seagunner
11-03-13, 03:02
Forgive me, my previous service never taught me anything about Martini's..Personally I don't consider that a bad thing. Good whiskey, great beer I'm good

Army Chief
11-03-13, 05:45
Have you tried the San Pellegrino orange water, with just a drop of Grenadine syrup in it over ice?

A nurse taught me that a while back, it was an excellent substitute for an alcoholic beverage.

I have not. Despite the fact that my ability to really taste much of anything has taken quite a hit in recent weeks, this definitely sounds like something worth giving a shot.

Thanks!

AC

Robb Jensen
11-03-13, 06:20
96-128ozs water per day
9oz bullet proof coffee
18oz regular coffee ;)

Big A
11-03-13, 07:53

How is that? I was about to pick some up last night but went with a 6 pack of Blue Moon.

TacticalSledgehammer
11-03-13, 08:36
Last night was Blue Moon's Abbey Ale and PBR for me. Nothing that exciting or good. I'm gonna start home brewing soon.

ST911
11-03-13, 08:57

Now there's a sig line.

9oz bullet proof coffee
18oz regular coffee ;)

Bullet proof = brand, or strength? Your favorite?

fixit69
11-03-13, 08:58
Ahhh....

Good choices here(even the non-alcoholic).

For me yesterday grey goose on the rocks with fresh cut red onion. Think a Gibson without the cocktail onions. The flavor is a love or hate thing, no in between.

Abraham
11-03-13, 15:40
Ron Centenario Fundacion XX /Anos Reserva Especial Rum - The best rum in the entire world - drunk neat with one drop of water.

Smuggled in from Costa Rica and quite expensive.

If the above is not available: Ron Anejo Pampero Aniversario - available at most quality liquor stores. Less than $30.00 and one of the very best sipping rums available.

Smoking a great Padron or a Rocky Patel with the above is a great experience. Sadly, I can't smoke anymore - though, I may be get shi* faced one day and say the hell with it and smoke one anyway...

Now you'll hear a lot about bourbon and it'll be worth listening to, but Old Forester is decent for a low cost bourbon.

J-Dub
11-03-13, 15:48
Water, non-fluoridated with some pre-workout added.

C4IGrant
11-03-13, 17:05

I did not care for this.

C4

C4IGrant
11-03-13, 17:10
Tonight is Beck's Octoberfest (one of my favs).

C4

Eurodriver
11-03-13, 17:27
Whole milk.

Trajan
11-03-13, 17:36
Tonight is Beck's Octoberfest (one of my favs).

C4

FYI: Christmas Ale is out.

jmp45
11-03-13, 17:54
If you are in Cinti, visit the Rhineqeist brewery, over the Rhine. Their draft is amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/rhinegeist

No more hard stuff for this guy, I quit that 25 or 30 years ago, Gin and tonics. I had a real issue with alcohol. Now a glass or two of red wine, occasional beer. If I lived near Rhineqeist I'd probably have an old problem return.

RancidSumo
11-03-13, 18:35
Just got done brewing some beer while drinking a little bit of gin.

The Last Word:
1 oz Golden Moon Gin (made right up the road)
1 oz Green Chartreuse
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur

and of course a martini with a cigar while waiting:

8 parts Martin Miller's Westbourne Strength Gin
1 part dry vermouth
Lemon twist
Liga Privada Papas Fritas

Trying to figure out what's next...

_Stormin_
11-03-13, 19:00
A little Manhattan while trying to track down a set of MBUS in FDE.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7418/10659416994_f81c81ff69.jpg

Better luck with the drink than with the sights right now.

RancidSumo
11-03-13, 19:04

Better luck with the drink than with the sights right now.

Did you chisel the ice or do you have some cool ice cube tray?

lunchbox
11-03-13, 19:20

Better luck with the drink than with the sights right now.Yup, we are going to need the specs on that cube..;)

RancidSumo
11-03-13, 19:36
Yup, we are going to need the specs on that cube..;)

My favorite cocktail joint has "cubes" like that. The bartenders hand chisel the ice to fit perfectly into the glass. I love it, its an excellent touch.

lunchbox
11-03-13, 19:40
My favorite cocktail joint has "cubes" like that. The bartenders hand chisel the ice to fit perfectly into the glass. I love it, its an excellent touch.It almost looks round, is what caught my attention.

RancidSumo
11-03-13, 20:06
They're great. They melt slow so you don't get a watered down nasty drink.

SeriousStudent
11-03-13, 20:08
My thought was "Holy crap, that dude takes his Gibson's seriously! Probably the biggest cocktail onion I've ever seen!" :eek:

TacticalSledgehammer
11-03-13, 20:30
If you are in Cinti, visit the Rhineqeist brewery, over the Rhine. Their draft is amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/rhinegeist

No more hard stuff for this guy, I quit that 25 or 30 years ago, Gin and tonics. I had a real issue with alcohol. Now a glass or two of red wine, occasional beer. If I lived near Rhineqeist I'd probably have an old problem return.

I haven't tried their beer yet. I've drank mad tree, Moerlein, Rivertown, sam adams, Listerman and Mt. Carmel. Rhineqeist, Fifty West, Double Barrel & Blank Slate are on my next to visit or sample list.

Kain
11-03-13, 20:44
Drinking Dr. Pepper with a couple shots of Jack in it on the rocks. Seems to bring the flavors of both out rather nicely in my opinion.

Yeah, a little odd ball, but somethings you got to be different.

tuck
11-03-13, 20:50
Just a rum and coke tonight. A good way to end a day on the range with the wife and my new to me Gen 2 G19.

_Stormin_
11-03-13, 20:54
It almost looks round, is what caught my attention.

Oh not looks round. They are perfectly round ice cubes... It's called a Cirrus Press. Got it as a gift from the misses a while back. They have smaller ones and then the big guy. Cube is pretty much edge to edge in a double old fashioned glass.

I take my Manhattans seriously (apart from the ice). I have so many different whiskeys, vermouths, and bitters now. I even been barrel aging my own booze. Right now I have a whiskey and a port aging. Bottled my first whiskey last month, and I'm pleased. As I have gotten older, my toys have just gotten more expensive. :D

Honu
11-03-13, 21:45
again I hardly ever drink but hate rum and coke ! spiced rum in some things is OK

did try something different at a build party for the 4x4 club a spiced rum and root beer which was OK never heard of that before till then ? anyone else ever hear of this ?

tuck
11-03-13, 21:47
Spiced rum and root beer is pretty good. Not my favorite or anything, but it's good for something different now and then.

lunchbox
11-03-13, 21:52
Oh not looks round. They are perfectly round ice cubes... It's called a Cirrus Press. Got it as a gift from the misses a while back. They have smaller ones and then the big guy. Cube is pretty much edge to edge in a double old fashioned glass.

I take my Manhattans seriously (apart from the ice). I have so many different whiskeys, vermouths, and bitters now. I even been barrel aging my own booze. Right now I have a whiskey and a port aging. Bottled my first whiskey last month, and I'm pleased. As I have gotten older, my toys have just gotten more expensive. :DHad to look it up, that's pretty slick:D.

LHS
11-03-13, 21:58

I take my Manhattans seriously (apart from the ice). I have so many different whiskeys, vermouths, and bitters now. I even been barrel aging my own booze. Right now I have a whiskey and a port aging. Bottled my first whiskey last month, and I'm pleased. As I have gotten older, my toys have just gotten more expensive. :D

For $800, it should give you a happy ending in addition to the ice ball.

_Stormin_
11-03-13, 22:15
Had to look it up, that's pretty slick:D.

She's good with gifts. I had to get her some ice of her own to make sure she would stick around forever.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3696/10663048095_d390b0cd75_z.jpg

For $800, it should give you a happy ending in addition to the ice ball.

Ya know, buy once, cry once. It's a solid item that will last a lifetime. As long as we aren't going into debt, I don't really worry about what we are buying.

LHS
11-03-13, 22:22
Ya know, buy once, cry once. It's a solid item that will last a lifetime. As long as we aren't going into debt, I don't really worry about what we are buying.

Fair enough. Who am I to tell someone what they should spend their coin on? If it makes you happy, rock on.

I am curious, though, why does an ice mold cost so much? Or does it do something more than just allow the ice to freeze in a ball shape?

_Stormin_
11-03-13, 22:29
It actually is a huge piece (well pieces) of very heavy metal that shapes a block of ice into a sphere less than a minute.

I'm guessing it's half machine and finish work, and half vanity. It sure does make one hell of a cube for a drink.

DragonDoc
11-04-13, 00:37
I'm drinking Bacardi151 and Gatorade.

LHS
11-04-13, 00:49
It actually is a huge piece (well pieces) of very heavy metal that shapes a block of ice into a sphere less than a minute.

I'm guessing it's half machine and finish work, and half vanity. It sure does make one hell of a cube for a drink.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense.

As for me, tonight I'm drinking Zaya rum with a fresh lime half and some Turbinado sugar. My own little rendition of the classic daiquiri.

TacMedic556
11-04-13, 12:34
1.5 or more:-) ounces of Quicksilver Missoula MT Vodka (or any Vodka)
Juice of 1/2 a lime.
Top off with Cock and Bull Ginger Beer,
Onto Ice in a Copper Mug

Enjoy

THCDDM4
11-04-13, 12:52
Here's what I've been drinking lately:

-clown shoes "Vampire Slayer" Imperial Stout
-Glennrothes 12 yr
-Glenkinchie 12 yr
-Auchentoshan "Valinch"
-Balvinie carribean cask
upstream "templeton rye bourbon barrel aged quadrupple"
-Home made wine: Chilean carmenere aged on oak
-Homebrewed stout
-Homebrewed bourbon barrel aged extremely dry hopped barley wine
-Homebrewed Belgian Dubbel Strong Ale
-Homebrewed chardonnay barrel aged wild/sour ale made with yeast cultured from my beard (Not gross like it might sound...)
-homemade raspberry blackberry mead (Strong/still)

-

fixit69
11-04-13, 12:54
Tonight, it's hard to choose between Aberlour 12yr and Glenmorangie nectar d'or. Decisions...

Robb Jensen
11-04-13, 13:32
Bullet proof = brand, or strength? Your favorite?

I use Kauai coffee made fairly strong, and Organic Raw Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (from Costco, I can't remember the brand name right now) and Kerrygold Irish butter.

RancidSumo
11-04-13, 16:32
Here's what I've been drinking lately:

-clown shoes "Vampire Slayer" Imperial Stout
-Glennrothes 12 yr
-Glenkinchie 12 yr
-Auchentoshan "Valinch"
-Balvinie carribean cask
upstream "templeton rye bourbon barrel aged quadrupple"
-Home made wine: Chilean carmenere aged on oak
-Homebrewed stout
-Homebrewed bourbon barrel aged extremely dry hopped barley wine
-Homebrewed Belgian Dubbel Strong Ale
-Homebrewed chardonnay barrel aged wild/sour ale made with yeast cultured from my beard (Not gross like it might sound...)
-homemade raspberry blackberry mead (Strong/still)

-

If you need a place to drink, as a beer lover should you ever be in Golden you need to go to the new brewery, Barrels and Bottles. They don't have much of their own stuff going yet but they have 20 taps with some hard to find micro brews (and of course some not so hard to find ones as well). Awesome beer, food, and people. Its become my new favorite bar.

lunchbox
11-04-13, 16:56
Monster drink tonight, again..

All these drink recipes got me thinking, someone (with more initiative than me:D) should start food recipe thread. With as broad spectrum of members here (and places some have lived/been) I know there's some good recipes in here.

THCDDM4
11-04-13, 17:16
If you need a place to drink, as a beer lover should you ever be in Golden you need to go to the new brewery, Barrels and Bottles. They don't have much of their own stuff going yet but they have 20 taps with some hard to find micro brews (and of course some not so hard to find ones as well). Awesome beer, food, and people. Its become my new favorite bar.

Rancid,
You're the fourth person to recommend them to me in 2 weeks time. I've heard nothing but good stuff about them and I will be visiting sometime soon. Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't had a chance to get there yet as this is the busy brewing season/time for me with the temperatures of the season making it so easy to control fermentation temperatures; so I've been CRAZY busy brewing beer & making wines/ciders/meads recently.

It is on my list of places to check out for sure.

I'll shoot you a PM when I head there and maybe we can put a few back over some gun talk.

Gotta love this season if you are a big beer lover in Colorado (Anywhere really, but CO is beer mecca!), so many good seasonals are making there way onto the shelves. It's freaking great!

Slainte!

THCDDM4
11-04-13, 17:32
Monster drink tonight, again..

All these drink recipes got me thinking, someone (with more initiative than me:D) should start food recipe thread. With as broad spectrum of members here (and places some have lived/been) I know there's some good recipes in here.

I posted a pasta recipe to a thread MagicSalad posted a year or so ago; others on teh forum did as well. You could always resurrect that one or just start a new one.

I think it is a very good idea. The best recipes I've gotten are all from family and friends who are foodies and like to swap recipes.

I love to cook/bake & grill almost as much as I love brewing and wine making.

If you like absinthe, or "off the beaten path cocktails"- try these:

"Death in The Afternoon"

Pour (1.5) jiggers of Absinthe into a champagne glass.

Ice (Not refrigerate, but iced) some chapagne for a few minutes and then add to the Absinthe until a proper louche (Milkiness from the oils being ripped out of suspension) is attained

**Recipe Notes:
La Clandestine Absinthe Superior 72% is the best for this recipe- Kubler 62% is good as well. Try to use a traditional suisse absinthe if available

Another Absinthe cocktail recipe to try:

"A Bitter Death" (I've heard other names for this as well)

2/3 Absinthe (1 oz Absinthe Verte)
1/6 Gin (1/4 oz Beefeater Gin)
1/6 Syrup of Anisette or Gomme Syrup (barspoon Rich Simple Syrup)
1 dash Orange Bitters
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake Well and Strain into a Cocktail Glass.

Slainte!

RancidSumo
11-04-13, 19:34
I posted a pasta recipe to a thread MagicSalad posted a year or so ago; others on teh forum did as well. You could always resurrect that one or just start a new one.

I think it is a very good idea. The best recipes I've gotten are all from family and friends who are foodies and like to swap recipes.

If you like absinthe, or "off the beaten path cocktails"- try these:

"Death in The Afternoon"

Pour (1.5) jiggers of Absinthe into a champagne glass.

Ice (Not refrigerate, but iced) some chapagne for a few minutes and then add to the Absinthe until a proper louche (Milkiness from the oils being ripped out of suspension) is attained

**Recipe Notes:
La Clandestine Absinthe Superior 72% is the best for this recipe- Kubler 62% is good as well. Try to use a traditional suisse absinthe if available

Another Absinthe cocktail recipe to try:

"A Bitter Death" (I've heard other names for this as well)

2/3 Absinthe (1 oz Absinthe Verte)
1/6 Gin (1/4 oz Beefeater Gin)
1/6 Syrup of Anisette or Gomme Syrup (barspoon Rich Simple Syrup)
1 dash Orange Bitters
1 dash Angostura Bitters

Shake Well and Strain into a Cocktail Glass.

Slainte!

My favorite drink that contains absinthe is a Corpse Reviver #2:

1 oz Gin (I like Leopold Brothers Navy Strength)
1 oz Lillet
1 oz Lemon Juice
1 oz Cointreau
1 dash Absinthe

mattjmcd
11-04-13, 23:15
Reading through the thread I can't help but feel kinda boring. I'm just drinking Sam Adams Winter Lager.

lunchbox
11-05-13, 15:06

Slainte!Forgot all about that one, thanks. Sent link to wife for ideas:p

williejc
11-05-13, 15:36
Caffeine free Diet Coke. If I make it another 15 years, I plan to have a few Charter and waters and smoke Camel cigarettes. I may even go on a binge.

Cameron
11-05-13, 16:32
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3667/10697772916_7f4848107c_c.jpg

THCDDM4
11-05-13, 16:34
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3667/10697772916_7f4848107c_c.jpg

Nectar of the gods...

Cameron
11-08-13, 09:47
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7354/10743651123_897284606d_c.jpg

THCDDM4
11-08-13, 09:51
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7354/10743651123_897284606d_c.jpg

Did you purchase that from Davidson's in Centennial per chance? It was on sale there last week and I picked up a bottle but have not tried it yet.

What are your thoughts on it?

Davidsons alternates beer/whiskey/scotch/wine/ETC tastings every Saturday (and other days as well). Always pouring quite good stuff if you haven't been; and they always have deals on what they are pouring. Check em out if you haven't already; they have an amazing selection of booze all around and will custom order anything their distributors (Vast) handle.

Cameron
11-08-13, 09:55
Did you purchase that from Davidson's in Centennial per chance? It was on sale there last week and I picked up a bottle but have not tried it yet.

What are your thoughts on it?

I did not, I got it as a gift. It is very smooth. I had the first glass last night, it might be my new favourite Tequila.

THCDDM4
11-08-13, 10:00
Nice. I'll open mine up tonite and try it out.

misanthropist
11-09-13, 21:34
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/10/5aqa5ype.jpg

Something called "Vivat in Aeturnum Triple Blonde".

It's pretty good. 8.3% but not too winey.

Flawless, sub-moa fit and finish...all day long.

Belmont31R
11-09-13, 21:45
Hopped Up N Horny IPA. New addition to our local grocer, HEB, and I like it a lot.

Boba Fett v2
11-09-13, 22:05

Rattlehead
11-09-13, 22:11
Long Island Iced Tea. Don't judge me..

bluejackets92fs
11-09-13, 23:30
40oz of OE.

Voodoochild
11-14-13, 13:58
Quick someone send me 2K so I can get me some of this.

http://www.internetwines.com/rws18704.html

SeriousStudent
11-14-13, 19:34
Quick someone send me 2K so I can get me some of this.

http://www.internetwines.com/rws18704.html

That does look good. I've thoroughly enjoyed all the Van Winkle family products I have tried. That does not include this particular bottling, however.

DiabhailGadhar
11-17-13, 17:37
Leinenkugel's Snowdrift Vanilla Porter.....delicious...and only $12 a case..;-)

DiabhailGadhar
11-17-13, 17:42
Also if you guys are gonna drop $2k on a bottle I'll take the "Johnny Rifle" from Noveske....

tuck
11-17-13, 19:34
Leinie's Oktoberfest tonight.

RancidSumo
11-18-13, 23:32
Making a glass of pink gin tonight with the Martin Miller's and decided before packing everything back in to take a bit of a family photo. I'll have to get a better one next time I empty it out to organize but for now the most used bottles are up front. I'm looking forward to making a contribution to the whisky thread again once that bottle of Garrison Brothers is opened. 21523

usmcvet
11-19-13, 15:05
A cold cup of Our Blend from Green MT. Coffee. In one of my favorite mugs. I was never in the Navy but spent a night aboard the USS Massachucettes with my son and his Boy Scout Troop. I bought a USN mug from the gift shop, it makes me smile when I look at it.

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab160/usmcvet0331/image_zps8571401e.jpg (http://s859.photobucket.com/user/usmcvet0331/media/image_zps8571401e.jpg.html)

SeriousStudent
11-19-13, 23:26
Ah, handle-less Navy mugs. I might have accidentally obtained one of those when I was on a WestPac once.

(Where is the innocent whistling smiley when we need it?)

usmcvet
11-20-13, 09:22
Ah, handle-less Navy mugs. I might have accidentally obtained one of those when I was on a WestPac once.

Photos Please. With something better than black coffee!

Boba Fett v2
11-20-13, 10:35

Okay so what's the deal with these navy cups and why are they held in such high regard?

- Army Guy

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)

usmcvet
11-20-13, 10:44
To me it was special because if the trip and memories it brings back. It is also a very thick and rugged mug. There are all sorts of ideas around why there is no handle. I suspect it is because of the way they're stored in the galley.

jmoore
11-20-13, 10:48
JB Red Stag.

john

SeriousStudent
11-20-13, 21:00
Okay so what's the deal with these navy cups and why are they held in such high regard?

- Army Guy

Honest answer? Because the Navy had them, and we didn't.

The Corps operates under a slightly different thought process. And yes, there IS a thought process.

Basically, we were always taught that if another service did not post an armed guard over it, they obviously did not need it. No Master at Arms with a 1911 and/or billy club? Well........

As to why the Navy bought 'em? No idea. I suspect that without a handle, they occupy less volume, and can be packed tighter in a galley. You'd probably want to ask C4IGrant, he was a Chief. Chief's know everything.

Paging Chief Timberlake..... :D

- Marine Guy

glocktogo
11-20-13, 21:19
Basically, we were always taught that if another service did not post an armed guard over it, they obviously did not need it. No Master at Arms with a 1911 and/or billy club? Well........

- Marine Guy

LOL, back in the day if you needed it and the tight-assed supply NCO's wouldn't issue it so it wouldn't get lost, someone from the platoon would suddenly require light duty. And what would they do with the guy on light duty who couldn't do anything? Assign him to firewatch in the supply warehouse! The look on their faces when you'd turn in more gear than you were issued was priceless! :D

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-20-13, 21:34
Pickle Juice, vodka, and ginger beer. My own "mule".

Boba Fett v2
11-21-13, 00:36
I'm now fascinated by this USN coffee mug and will make it point to find one.

What I had last night:

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/5338/ykau.jpg

usmcvet
11-21-13, 07:28
http://www.battleshipcove.com/products.asp

Try here. It where I got mine.

Just looked, I do not see the mug online. If you call they may send you one. You can get the "real" vintage mugs on ebay and esty but they're expensive. Antique stores or flea markets, might be a better place to find them.

What I had last night:

Boba Fett v2
11-21-13, 11:19
http://www.battleshipcove.com/products.asp

Try here. It where I got mine.

Just looked, I do not see the mug online. If you call they may send you one. You can get the "real" vintage mugs on ebay and esty but they're expensive. Antique stores or flea markets, might be a better place to find them.

Lol I ended up getting a "vintage" one off ebay last night. Thanks though. I'm very excited about keeping my milk warm.

THCDDM4
11-21-13, 11:24

What I had last night:

I've never posted a photo on-line before, but I will try to do one in this post.

I'm going to drink that little bottle of Double Bastards big brother this thanksgiving:

You can see the 22 oz next to the jeroboam (3.3 Litre) bottle in teh photo. Click image for larger version.

jbo723
11-21-13, 11:38
My drink of choice is Johnny Walker Blue Label on the rocks..

11-21-13, 15:14
Drinking seasonal craft brews this week. Currently drinking Deep Ellum Brewing Co (Dallas, TX) Gourdzilla.

Boba Fett v2
11-21-13, 23:25
I'm going to drink that little bottle of Double Bastards big brother this thanksgiving

Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

DiabhailGadhar
11-24-13, 13:21
Honest answer? Because the Navy had them, and we didn't.

The Corps operates under a slightly different thought process. And yes, there IS a thought process.

- Marine Guy

Gear adrift, is a gift...

-Other Marine Guy

Big A
11-24-13, 19:21
Tonight I'm just nursing a couple of blue moons and puffing away at a Camacho Connecticut.

Take that you pesky lungs and liver....

filthy phil
11-24-13, 20:30
Plain old bud heavy

THCDDM4
11-25-13, 12:38
Had some sazerac Rye for the first time in a while last night. Forgot how good the stuff is, light and very balanced for a rye- bits of pear, vanilla and tobacco with minimal sulpher and a soft/subtle undertone of marbeled rye bread. Found it on sale for $16.00 a bottle and couldn't pass it up at that price; usually $26.00+.

Also had some Oak Aged Imperial Yeti from Great Divide Brewing Co. last night. I use about 14 ounces of a 22 ounce bomber in my Red Chile recipe (SO GOOD! Imperial stouts, including Russian Imperials lend so much flavor to a good red chile!) and drink what I do not use in the chile.

Really good stuff; none more black.

Was drinking Sierra Nevadas Narwhal Imperial Stout on Saturday; great stuff!

RancidSumo
11-25-13, 17:09
Just got back from Barrels and Bottles where I had a Renegade Rye IPA with a sandwich and closed it out with a Trinity 7 Day Sour. I a friend of mine introduced me to sours a while back and I've been enjoying them ever since. The 7 Day Sour was one of the best I've had.

Kain
11-25-13, 17:40
Picked up a new product from Jack Daniel's. Winter Jack. Am sipping on some of it now. Quite tasty. If you like cider like I do I highly recommend it.

Boba Fett v2
11-25-13, 18:25
Picked up a new product from Jack Daniel's. Winter Jack. Am sipping on some of it now. Quite tasty. If you like cider like I do I highly recommend it.

mmm.... sounds good. I think I'll have that

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)