PDA

View Full Version : Build or Buy?

richc2048
11-02-13, 22:29
Hi,

I've been a lurker for a while and finally joined. This forum seems like a good group. You got me to buy a BCM 14 RECCE. I bought it about a month ago and now I'm selling my bushmaster collection to buy more BCM quality firearms and quality accessories. Anyway....

I was looking to try and do a build and started listing the things I want and it seems what I want is mostly BCM parts. The only thing I would exchange is getting a magpul stock, trying a geissel trigger. Possibly a different free float hand guard. Like the one on a Daniel defense v7.
Would it be best to just buy a BCM and replace those parts or do a build? Thank you in advance for your expertise and experience. I'm not new to guns but new to good guns and definitely to doing a build.

I wouldn't mind doing a build just for the things I would learn if it'll cost the same.

ucrt
11-02-13, 22:54

Specify exactly what you want from a quality manufacturer and order a whole gun and then wait...
A manufacturer can build (with a warranty) cheaper than you can buy quality parts and buy tools, and read directions, and start assembly, and etc.
... but it is neat to build one. :)

Unless, you want such specific components a manufacturer cannot provide...buy.

But maybe it's just me...

richc2048
11-02-13, 23:06
I feel silly for my lack of knowledge in this. I've only bought over the counter so I did not know I can do that from a company lol
That's great news. So I've been reading that g&r(I think that's his company name) can get pretty much a bcm rifle with a Daniel defense free float hand rail? If not, what is comparable to that? The only complaint I have for my bcm is the quad rail. I like having the top rail and maybe some 1' rails I can choose to put on a few places like for AFG.

Seagunner
11-03-13, 03:31
https://danieldefense.com/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v7-lw-no-sights-lightweight-barrel.html shop around online for cheaper deal

JSantoro
11-03-13, 09:02
Orange button search, using the title of this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/gtsearch.php?cx=003496919632624929056%3Adhiwgm0hbaa&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=build+or+buy&sa=Search&siteurl=www.m4carbine.net%2Fsearch.php&ref=www.m4carbine.net%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D1786366&ss=1703j280191j12