PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on EMDOM-MM CM Duty Belt for LEO purposes?

veovius
11-03-13, 14:21
I'm looking at a new duty belt because mine keeps twisting. I had my eye on an Ares Gear duty belt, but then I saw the CM belt. What got me were the PALS stitching on the inside to prevent pouch shifting.

I have to say, it's never been an issue on my current belt. Has anyone tried something like the above for duty patrol purposes?

Shane1
11-03-13, 14:53
I've been playing with one for close to 2 years. If you are having to use molle based pouches, then I see a place for it. For standard duty pouches, I dont really see the benefits as most LE duty pouches wont interface with the molle loops. Overall, I do like the belt, just as a base for molle pouches.

El Cid
11-03-13, 17:00
I have one but I use it as an inner belt with the Tyr Brokos belt. It's very high quality kit. Have to agree with Shane though - if you're planning to reuse your traditional duty belt pouches I don't believe the slots are compatible.

The only thing on my old Galls duty belt that ever shifted was the flashlight D ring and the Asp pouch (the version that rotates). But I've used keepers to prevent that. Actually, the D ring is only moving as I put on the belt that it moves. Once the Velcro from the inner belt touches the duty belt it stays put. The baton pouch will move slightly though.

veovius
11-03-13, 17:27
As an aside, how do you go about putting molle pouches onto a 2" duty belt? I've seen the Tactical Tailor Malice clip adapter so far. Are there any other options?

In the end, my goal is to have a better belt, with a couple empty tacos mounted for emergencies.

Shane1
11-04-13, 18:42
There are a couple of companies that make adapters for Molle to non molle belt applications. Down Range Gear adapters and First Spear Missing links are the first 2 that come to mind. I just use the whatever attachment system is on the pouch and run it through the molle. Granted, it does not keep it from sliding around but I don't use molle on a non-molle belt too much.

Something else to think about. If you are not picky, look at Blue Force Gear's Ten Speed if you want a extra empty pouch on your belt. I like the Ten Speeds over the TACO for that specific application because they weigh next to nothing and are flat as possible when not in use.

veovius
11-08-13, 16:32
There are a couple of companies that make adapters for Molle to non molle belt applications. Down Range Gear adapters and First Spear Missing links are the first 2 that come to mind. I just use the whatever attachment system is on the pouch and run it through the molle. Granted, it does not keep it from sliding around but I don't use molle on a non-molle belt too much.

Something else to think about. If you are not picky, look at Blue Force Gear's Ten Speed if you want a extra empty pouch on your belt. I like the Ten Speeds over the TACO for that specific application because they weigh next to nothing and are flat as possible when not in use.

Those Down Range adapters are just what I was looking for! Between those and the PALS platforms, I think I'm set.

As far as pouches go, I want to nest the rifle mag pouches either between the belt and my normal pouches, or use a Ten Speed stacked on the outside of a pouch. I think I can put a 10 speed on the outside of my radio pouch, but I can't think of anywhere else I'd be able to fit a Ten Speed without losing belt space, as I need a velcro top on most of the pouches for retention. Here's what I have so far:

Belt - Rifle Taco - Pistol Taco and a velcro top pistol pouch (flashlight and multitool)
Belt - Radio pouch - Ten speed rifle pouch.