PDA

View Full Version : Summer Steel Pistol Match (weekly) COLORADO

USMC03
05-04-08, 14:35
Gents,

The *WEEKLY* Summer Steel (Pistol) Matches are starting up again.

The Summer Steel Matches are *EVERY* Wednsday night (show up between 4pm - 6pm) from May - Oct. The Summer Steel pistol matches are by far the best pistol matches I have participated in.

The match directors set up 3 - 4 stages and you get to shoot each stage *4 times* in a row (Most matches you only get to shoot the stage once).

With it being a all steel match there are no cardboard targets to score or paste, so the match goes very quickly. Usually you'll shoot around 100 rounds and be finished in 45 - 60 minutes.

During the summer when I'm shooting this match weekly, my pistol skills go up by a noticalbe margin. An added bonus about this match is it's held weekly instead of monthly.

Hope to see some of you there. Here's the match announcement:

Back again this year starting in May Pueblo will once again put on steel only matches on Wednesday afternoons/evenings.

The match staff will get there around 3:30 to start setting up. Shooting starts as early as we get it set up, usually by 4:15.

You the shooter can show up whenever you want after 3:30 till about 5:45-6:00. As long as you get started by 6:00, we can get you finished up before dark.

To shoot the whole match only takes 45 or so minutes.

You shoot each of the 3 or 4 stages a few times and we throw out your worst time. A mulligan of sorts.

Minimum round count is 80 rounds. Bring 125-150 or so and as many mags as you own.

Divisions will again be; Open, Iron Sight (Limited,) Revolver, Cowboy, Rimfire pistol, Pistol Caliber Carbine, Rimfire Rifle and Shotgun.

You can enter as many divisions as you bring ammo and guns for.

Its only $10 for the first division you shoot in and $5 for each additional. Same with family members. First guy pays $10, each additional family member pays $5.

Check http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7673 for more details.

-Hoser

S/F,
Jeff